25 HP Kohler Command oil leak

/ 25 HP Kohler Command oil leak #1  

LawnGuys

Tractor
Exmark
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I have a 25 hp Kohler command that had an oil leak coming from the pto shaft. I replaced the shaft seal and let it run for about 15 minutes with no leak. I thought it was fixed. Used the mower for about another 15 minutes and went to pull it in the garage and it started leaking again. It almost seems like it builds up pressure as it warms up and then lets loose. The seal was still in place, but I'm afraid to run it. Has anyone seen any situations where pressure would build up and create a leak like this or is there something more I should be looking for? I'm not even really sure that pressure is building up. It just seems like after I have used the mower for a period of time it starts to leak a lot.

Bryan

/ 25 HP Kohler Command oil leak #2  
Crankshaft could have been scored, or you scored/damaged it when you changed the seal. It could ruin a new seal pretty quickly.

/ 25 HP Kohler Command oil leak #3  
If you think its building pressure, check the breather assembly, remove and clean. There is a filter and a reed valve inside it.

/ 25 HP Kohler Command oil leak
Thanks guys. I will check and post back shortly.

/ 25 HP Kohler Command oil leak #5  
I also would look closely at the oil. if the carb is leaking fuel into the oil it will be hard to see the overfill condition and the compression will push oil out. I have seen it blow seals, gaskets, and even the dipstick out of an engine. just something to check.