Briggs & Stratton smoking

/ Briggs & Stratton smoking #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I have a vibratory flat plate with a B&S 6.5 commercial Intek engine. Yesterday I was doing some work and when finished, I turn off the fuel cock to let the carburetor run dry. It usually takes a couple of minutes at idle to run out and stop. This time it was about 4 or 5 minutes and when I looked at it, it was pouring our smoke. I hit the stop button to kill it. Turned the fuel cock back on and it fired right back up and I could get full power as usual. It was still smoking but it was the end of the day and I let it go until this morning.

This morning I checked the oil level to make sure that there was no gas in it - nope, level was normal. Started it up and pulled the breather hose off and no signs of oil there. Pulled the plug and it was pretty normal. Ran the vibrator at full power for 5 minutes without any issues or smoke. Turned off the fuel cock and it dies in a couple of minutes as usual.

Strange!

/ Briggs & Stratton smoking #2  
Appears that some oil got past the rings...not sure why or how, but the good news is it appears to be that the engine is working fine!