Air intake filtration modification?

/ Air intake filtration modification? #1  

Klorinth

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana T2334 HST
Yesterday I spent about 3 hours mowing an area that is filled with Thistles and Foxtail grass that is all growing to seed. Lots of fluff and seed heads blowing around.

This morning I open the hood of the tractor and the front (rad, battery, and air intake area) is filled with thistle fluff and grass seed heads!

After cleaning it all out, including the air filter (also full), I need to do something to prevent this from happening again. I have many hours of mowing still to do.

I added a course filter to the air intake so the filter is protected. But what about the front end? Any thoughts as to how I can keep the stuff from getting in?

Attachments

• image-3403533807.jpg
    image-3403533807.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image-4218031049.jpg
    image-4218031049.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
   / Air intake filtration modification? #2  
Add an intake pre-cleaner?

/ Air intake filtration modification? #3  
Metal wire screens where common in the old days because the radiator were so low to the ground. Our 265 MF front grille is a course air filter.

One as to be careful that it works so well it blocks air flow. :)

With the little Fords we would often have to shut them off and slap the grills so 70% of trash would fall off then we would get back to work.

/ Air intake filtration modification?
I actually added a much larger coarse filter over the pictured one just to make sure I didn't quickly block the intake.

Hopefully this will help. The filter got filled with fluff.

Any thoughts or ideas as to filtering the whole front end? Should it be wire or plastic mesh?