Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil.

/ Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil. #1  

TriCountyKid

Tractor
Ford 1620, 4600
Why would the oil in the pan get dirty but the color of the oil in the filter stay as clear all season? This is a 1995 Ford 1620 3 cylinder shibaura diesel engine.

/ Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil. #2  
I would venture to say the filter is a bypass filter and is for some reason not or no longer included in the oil circulating circuit( blockage or stuck bypass valve?)

/ Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil. #3  
Are you sure that you have the right filter for that engine? If it is the wrong filter you may not be getting any oil through it.

/ Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil.
I used a NAPA 1521 and also a New Holland 86533216 but got the same results; Clean oil in the filter

/ Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil. #5  
G'day do you prefill the filter before fitting? If so then I would get a new filter and not fill it and fit it to the engine and start the engine, shut it down after the oil pressure light goes out and pull the filter off and check for oil.

If you have not got any oil in the filter then the bypass valve must be stuck open they are usually located in the filter head assy.

Jon

/ Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil. #6  
You are probably changing the hydrostatic filter on the left. Engine oil filter is on the right by the fuel filter.

I do get oil in the oil filter but it stays clear and clean all season. I do not prefill the filter before fitting. After putting several hours or even a season on the 1995 Ford 1620 3 cylinder Sibaura engine, I pull the filter off and find clean oil but the oil in the oil pan is dirty.

/ Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil. #8  
I do get oil in the oil filter but it stays clear and clean all season. I do not prefill the filter before fitting. After putting several hours or even a season on the 1995 Ford 1620 3 cylinder Sibaura engine, I pull the filter off and find clean oil but the oil in the oil pan is dirty.

Which filter are you describing?

/ Engine Oil in filter is as clean as the day I changed the oil. #9  
Pics, we need pics.

No, I am changing the oil filter and NOT the hydrostatic filter.