Belt tensioner on a cub cadet 1554

/ Belt tensioner on a cub cadet 1554 #1  

billp64

Tractor
M/F C/cadet
I am trying to see if anyone has a fix for the belt tensioner on cub gt1554 deck it seems the bolt that goes through the deck keeps coming a ;ittle loose and the bolt or stem keeps tilting a little and lets the belt come off quite often i have replaced the lock nut on the bottom a couple of times and it keeps loosening over time i have thought about welding a piece of 1/4" plate on the bottom of the sleeve to get a little more surface area on the deck to keep it upright but wanted to see if anyone has had this problem and there fix. Thanks fo any help

/ Belt tensioner on a cub cadet 1554 #2  
Put red loctite on it, it shouldn't come loose after that.

/ Belt tensioner on a cub cadet 1554
Put red loctite on it, it shouldn't come loose after that.

I took it appart this evening and the shoulder that sits on the deck has the side worn and thats one reason it is sitting at an angle the nut was actually still tight. The shoulder is just a pc of pipe over the stud and it is worn on 1 side with the tension on it is is tilting. I think i am going to make a washer about 2" diam. out of 1/4" bar with a hole to slip up on the pipe and weld that so there will be more surface area on the deck to keep it staight.

/ Belt tensioner on a cub cadet 1554 #4  
We would weld a heavy flat washer to the end of the sleeve and put a large flat washer on the underside of deck then use locktite on it. Also check to see if belt is burned or blades out of balance. That will cause vibration and loosen a lot of stuff up.