AGCO ST40 Lift Arms

/ AGCO ST40 Lift Arms #1  

jwcox3

Tractor
Agco ST40
Ok, new to the site. Have trolled here quite a bit.

I have an AGCO ST40 and the lift arms are periodically losing capacity to lift. I have checked all the external parts (linkage and lever appear to work as should) and fluid level. I have tried turning the knob under the seat for the slow return in system both directions. FEL still works fine when lift arms are not.

Last time i noticed the symptoms I looked back and the cutter was starting to drag, thought I had inadvertantly moved the lever. Tried to raise to no avail. Dropped the arms all the way down they went and would not come back up. I left tractor in field for several hours. Came back and it worked somewhat so I returned to the barn.

There is no shimmering when it is not working and you can freely move the arms up and down with nothing attached with no resistance other than the weight of the arms themselves.

I took it to a tractor guy and he called me and said he drug his cutter around the yard and cannot get it to not work.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
John

/ AGCO ST40 Lift Arms #2  
Similar thing happened to mine when it was first delivered. They cracked the rear housing open under warranty and found some stuff wasn't seated right and messed up some seals.