3020 john deere

/ 3020 john deere #1  

roottonic

Tractor
john deere 3030 gas
good morning, have 3020 j.d. with148 loader . loader has always worked fine until this morning. while useing it this morn. set bucket down , then would not lift or tilt. hyd. lines are limp . fluid full. any ideas where to start trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. mike

/ 3020 john deere #2  
How is loader controlled(scv or ind hyd valve)? Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting any hyd quick couplers associated with FEL? Does power steering work properly?

/ 3020 john deere #3  
root - go to the back of your tractor on the right side now look around below ...not under, but below the seat on the hydraulic lines an you will see a flap switch...flip it the other way...somehow you may have hit that switch with debris or something...that has happened to be a couple of times...I don't have a diagram to post but look back there and see....good chance that is it..

/ 3020 john deere #4  
root - go to the back of your tractor on the right side now look around below ...not under, but below the seat on the hydraulic lines an you will see a flap switch...flip it the other way...som

No flap switch for hyd's on any 3020's I ever sold or worked on.

/ 3020 john deere #5  
No flap switch for hyd's on any 3020's I ever sold or worked on.

I have one on mine....I wonder why...? Maybe the previous owner had it there to switch from one connection to the other or some other reason...the switch is a flat toggle type switch and can be flipped up or down...I have not had to mess with it in a few years now...the tractor is out at the farm or I'd send a pic., if it would even show up where it is located.

/ 3020 john deere #6  
I just looked at a 3020 this morning that suddenly lost all hydraulics. Front pump is turning, but there is no flow from charge pump. Oil is clean, suction screen is clean, but no oil from the charge pump. Any thoughts on that?

/ 3020 john deere #7  
Are you positive frt hyd pump shaft is spinning with the engine?? Gear may have broken it the trans pump.

/ 3020 john deere #8  
Is that a common problem with earlier models? The parts book only shows a gear pump in the early serial number tractors. Later units show a gerotor type pump, and evidently, a different type setup entirely. I have a manual coming, but still a few days away. Can't get much detail from the parts book, but guessing the pump is at the front of the transmission and accessed by split between clutch housing and trans?

/ 3020 john deere #9  
Syncro-range trans has a gear pump mounted in the diff housing area driven off the top shaft in the trans. No it's not common for the trans pump gears to break but with the hyd's stopping abruptly it's all I could think of except the frt pump drive coupler failure. Trans pump can be accessed by removing rockshaft housing without splitting tractor. I recommend more hyd diagnostics before R&R of trans pump.

/ 3020 john deere #10  
The tractor will still move, so at least most of the gears and shafts are still turning. If the trans pump has no output, what's left to diagnose? The pump is either not turning, or not functioning. Could be a break in suction or pressure tubing, but that's all internal. What else can I check without opening it up?