Tractor
1985 JOHN DEERE 650
COULD ANYONE GIVE ME THE HEAD AND ROD BOLT TORQUE
SPECS FOR A JOHN DEERE 650 TRACTOR WITH YANMARE
2T80 2 CY DIESEL ENGINE

/ JOHN DEERE 650 REPAIR #2  
main head bolts ( larger ones)30, then 60, then 94 ft/lbs

aux stud nuts (smaller ones ) 7, then 15, then 22 ft/lbs

I have a PDF of the tech manual you're welcome to if wanted. Shoot me your email if so

Joe

/ JOHN DEERE 650 REPAIR
THANKS FOR THE INFO YES PLEASE SEND ME PDF OF MANUAL AND ONCE AGAIN THANKS
AL ATB.THREE@ROCKETMAIL.COM

main head bolts ( larger ones)30, then 60, then 94 ft/lbs

aux stud nuts (smaller ones ) 7, then 15, then 22 ft/lbs

I have a PDF of the tech manual you're welcome to if wanted. Shoot me your email if so

Joe

/ JOHN DEERE 650 REPAIR #4  
I've been trying to get my JD 650 running well enough to climb the ramp onto a truck to haul it from California to Ohio. It had been sitting idle under cover for 19 years. Two attempts have failed to get up the truck's ramp, seemingly due to a fuel delivery deficiency. The rig will start with the help of starter spray and heat up in about 5 minutes hot enough to keep running on its own. (I hate starter spray because of the pre-ignition.) The front loader and rear 3-point hitch hydraulics work, but the 3-point lifter slows the engine which then recovers RPM in a few seconds if kept in full up position. The throttle control doesn't seem to make any difference, under load or not. The rig will run okay with loader and 3-point holding up on the flat, but when attempting uphill it can't maintain RPM and soon dies. It seems to me to be unable to increase fuel delivery in response to load demands. I had a friend back in Cali bleed the fuel lines up to the injectors but he only did one of the two because he didn't have a wrench of the proper size and shape to reach into the limited space. Perhaps the second (front-most) injector line is partially plugged - or maybe both of them to some extent. But I'm not a mechanic and would appreciate any suggestions as to what else might need attention to get this rig running like the champ it was born to be, and once was. There was mention of a service manual earlier here, and a pointer to one of those might help as well. I will have to fly back to Cali to take over getting this tractor onto the cross country truck. Thanks for anything, very much. --Lor

/ JOHN DEERE 650 REPAIR #5  
Did you try fresh fuel with some Sea Foam or similar? If there's time do that and let it sit a couple days then let it idle a half hour and see if that clears up what must be some system crud.
Jim

/ JOHN DEERE 650 REPAIR #6  
Fresh fuel yes, Sea Foam no, but I will try that, or have my proxy put it in.

Also wondering why the throttle lever makes no difference. The shaft going into it does turn with the lever. I can't think of anything that might have broken something inside of it.

And she "idles" at PTO RPM. But dies under heavy load, like going uphill. And won't die with throttle all the way off. Gunk got something stuck partially open in there? I would think the throttle lever would overcome that or I could feel a resistance. Humph?

/ JOHN DEERE 650 REPAIR #7  
I'm going to move this to a new thread called ' JOHN DEERE 650 CANT CLIMB HILL' so the hover preview is different from how this thread started.