New Holland TM 135(p16 p22 fault codes)

/ New Holland TM 135(p16 p22 fault codes) #1  

Louiszaayman

Tractor
New Holland TM 135
Need help. Where do I start looking. How do I repair? What can the problem be

/ New Holland TM 135(p16 p22 fault codes) #2  
G'day P16 is diff lock solenoid stuck on and P22 is 4WD solenoid stuck on I do not have my main book here at the moment only my fault code sheet I will have to wait till early next week for my manual to come back to tell you the fault finding procedure hopefully someone here will chime in before then:).

Jon

/ New Holland TM 135(p16 p22 fault codes)
Hi Jon. Thank you for that info. It is much appreciated. We are going to start looking today. I know when wires on the altenator are loose somethings won,t work. Keep me posted when you have more info please

Louis

/ New Holland TM 135(p16 p22 fault codes) #4  
G'day Louis your right they are very voltage sensitive I had a Tm 120 about 6 months ago that was giving pto probs and it turned out to be a faulty alt that was only two months old so check to make sure you are getting good alt output

Jon

/ New Holland TM 135(p16 p22 fault codes) #5  
G'day Louis sorry for the delay you may have found it by now but here is the flowchart from my book

P16
Turn keystart on ensure diff lock is deselected. Key of then on again P16 should be displayed Select manual diff lock is P17 displayed?
Yes- refer P17 flowchart

No- Disconnect diff lock connector (CO42) and Electronic Management Unit C105 (EMU) ( The one with the light switches on it). Turn the keystart on using a MULITIMETER check for 12v+ at C105 pin 36 ( looking at female end of plug with retainer clip up top L/H pin should be black/light green). Is a short to 12v+ indicated?

Yes- Trace and repair short to 12v+

No- With keystart off check for short to on of the other C105 pins

Yes- Trace short in harness and reair

No- Replace EMU

P22

Turn keystart on select manual FWD and turn keystart off. Depress both brake pedals and turn the keystart on and momentarily crank engine ( no need to start ) Is error P22 displayed?

No- Tractor okay or possible intermittent fault

Yes- Release brake pedals is P23 displayed?

Yes- Follow P23 flowchart

No- Disconnect the FWD solenoid connector C034 and EMU connector C105. Using a MULTIMETER check for short to 12v+ on C105 pin 14 ( facing female end of connector retainer clip up 2nd from left middle row should be yellow/purple ) or a short to one of the other terminals on C105 is a short indicated?

Yes- Trace short and repair

No- change EMU

Hope this helps

Jon