JD GX345 PTO Clutch rebuildable???

/ JD GX345 PTO Clutch rebuildable??? #1  

geminimoon66

Tractor
Satoh Elk S550G with Johnson Loader, John Deere GX345 w/ 54" mower deck
John Deere GX 345 with the 54" mower deck.

Had the motor rebuilt 2 months ago and now the mower deck makes squeaking/grinding sound and stopped working. Turns out the PTO clutch seems to have gone out. No play in the bearing or anything and the main drive belt to transaxle is nice and tight, no problens in driving either.

Local dealer wants over $200.00 for the PTO clutch (AM131779)

It sure looks like this clutch can be taken apart and rebuilt but I find nothing as far as replacement plates or anything.

If any of you konw if this is or is not rebuildable, I'd sure appreciate hearing from you!!!

/ JD GX345 PTO Clutch rebuildable??? #2  
I had the PTO clutch go out a few years ago on my JD325. I found the same thing, no listing of parts to rebuild. You just have to open your wallet. Mine was $150 several years ago but the original lasted 10 years.

I believe you could rebuild it if you know a good parts guy that can cross bearings and springs etc. Matter of fact, I held onto my old clutch thinking I'd tear into it someday and see what I could come up with.

Comes down to how much your time is worth to you. I've just had so many irons in the fire that I have not tried it.