3000 ford

/ 3000 ford #1  

robink

Tractor
ford 3000
tractor seems a little weak on high side, I was pulling a harrow on sunday in 5th gear on slight hill seems to not have enough power is this normal for this size tractor or am I used to more power

/ 3000 ford #2  
You need to provide more detail.

I cannot directly answer your question, but there were several transmissions in that tractor. Ranging from 3.6MPH in 5th up to 8mph in 5th gear. BIG difference. So for starters, what transmission do you have.

Second, how big is the harrow.

Third, what kind of power are you "used" to

Fourth, how does the tractor run otherwise? Gas or diesel? Any smoke? does it sound normal? start okay or need ether??

Fifth....you get the idea. We need more details. I cannot directly help with the problem, as I dont have a 3000 of any kind. But there isnt anyone who can help without knowing these questions I just asked.

/ 3000 ford #4  
Anyone know how to break the connection in front of the steering column on the rubber hydraulic line? Got a stick up under it while I was bush-hogging and the rubber broke. Appears to have bent the tubing at the bottom connection but I think I can work around that? I can get a couple of 7/8" wrenches on it but can't put any pressure on it.

/ 3000 ford #5  
maybee a pic to be a lil less cryptic?

are you just asking how to remove a power steering line.. or?

/ 3000 ford #6  
I don't have power steering. It is the rubber hydraulic hose from the pump on the left side of the engine to the right rear of tractor. I finally got it. Had to purchase a set of Crow Foot wrench attachments. Worked like a charm! Sorry I didn't get back with y'all sooner! Thanks anyway!

/ 3000 ford #7  
got a pic?