Cat 302.5 not starting after rebuild

/ Cat 302.5 not starting after rebuild #1  

Franklinp40

Tractor
Cat 302.5
Hello everyone, Looking for some advice on a no start Mitsubishi S3L2 3 cylinder diesel standard equipment in many small cat tractors. I recently rebuilt the motor with new bearings,pistons,rings and all seals. Crank was turned etc. When i took it apart i never messed with the injection pump other than pulling the gear off it. All went back together and it cranked fine. had fuel contamination issues so i cleaned all the junk out of tank and lines before they ever got hooked to motor. Would crank then seem to seize. I pulled the glow plugs and cranked it to see allot of fuel spray from number one cylinder. But not from others. The engine then was able to crank. I pulled the front back off after going to TDC on the compression stroke the timing marks are perfect.
i pulled the injectors and watched them each spurt a bit of fuel while cranking. So The injection pump WAS rotated during rebuild, Does this matter?? It has an indexed shaft and the gear is timed perfect with the other gears. Leaky injector filling the cylinder up? Any thoughts would be a great help.

/ Cat 302.5 not starting after rebuild
I may be on the wrong forum?? Well i got it to start. However only running for about 30 seconds then stalls. I am going to pull injection pump and check it out.

/ Cat 302.5 not starting after rebuild #3  
If it will run for as long as 30 seconds before stalling, don't pull the injection pump. That's likely okay. More than likely your injection pump is losing fuel supply from the tank and/or supply pump.

/ Cat 302.5 not starting after rebuild
It has new supply pump. Ran out of small can. Then compared volume into a cup with known good tractor. Pump is bring tested. The shop does not feel it's the injection pump either. Should hear from them later today.

/ Cat 302.5 not starting after rebuild #5  
I was going to suggest looking for a mostly plugged fuel line. Had an engine run very similar - at start up it would run fine but after 20 - 30 seconds it would start running rough, no power. Found the suction line to the lift pump had plastic shavings from the fuel tank stuck in the line. When shut down apparently fuel would work through the system, enough to let it run good for a bit but then it would starve -- even though the fuel tank was lower than the lift pump.