Need a wiring diagram

/ Need a wiring diagram #1  

Ken1945

Tractor
MF 253
I have a 1996 2360 Long tractor with the D-124 engine and it keeps blowing a 15 amp fuse. The two wires from this terminal are in a rather large bundle that I prefer not to remove the tape from... does anyone have a wiring diagram that you could email me? I've been searching for a repair manual on the net but I haven't found one yet.

The fuse that is blowing is the first fuse in the fuse box on the left side as you look toward the rear of the tractor. It is a 15 amp european(vw) style.

Thanks Ken

/ Need a wiring diagram #2  
I have a Long 460; the 2360 was the successor to the 360, so I looked and found this

Service Manual for Long Tractor (LONG-SRV-3CYLNEW) | LongParts.com

Sadly, the part you most need right now is NOT the same as the 360, so probably won't help.

Not a lot of sources out there, and I know how much "fun" it can be tracing wires in old tractors (I have three) but it may be your ONLY option... Steve

Also found this

Long Tractor 2360 and 2360 DTC Owners Manual and Operating Instructions | eBay

If you don't already have an owners manual, it may help. Also, some long tractors have wierd things about the 3 point hitch that you WILL want to know before you end up tearing it apart because you moved the wrong lever at the wrong time.

/ Need a wiring diagram #3  
The attached wiring diagram was taken from the 2360 owner's manual.

Maybe you can help me. I have the manual, because I am going to do maintenance on a friend's 2360 and I could use a little help with a few things:

On the power steering reservoir the manual says drain the reservoir, I did not see a way to drain it other than remove one of the two lines going into it. Is this how you do it or is there another way?

We plan to replace the fuel filters do you really need to do all things to bleed it? Bleed the primary filter, then the secondary filter, then the injection pump (lower vent plug), then injectors, then the injection pump again (upper vent plug).

On other help suggestions on maintenance would also be helpful. Air cleaner, oil/filter both engine and hydraulic.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2360wiring.jpg
    2360wiring.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 51,278
   / Need a wiring diagram
Thanks Steve, I saw that Svc manual and you are correct not the electric diagram I need. I think I'm just going to trace the three wires from that fuse and see where they go. Just a little more time consuming.

My Long has the D-124 engine not the D-115. It is supposed to have 46 hp according to what I was told. I've also noticed you need to keep that tranny/hydraulic filter changed on the right side of the engine or the lift will constantly be jumping.

Have a great fall day, Ken

/ Need a wiring diagram
JD5210... I appreciate the electrical diagram. I just got this 2360 from a friend. It only has 424 hours. As to changing the fuel filters I do not know about all the bleeding the air out. I do know some of these diesels are temperamental if they have air in the system. I know years ago on the diesels... a strong battery would pump them back up if you filled the fuel filter. I do not know if this is the same situation. One thing I would suggest is use a funnel that has the micro-screen in the bottom and that will eliminate many fuel filter problems. The micro-screen will allow gas or diesel to pass through but they won't allow trash or water to go through.

You've help me a lot and I wish I had more to offer you... but I too am struggling along and I don't even have an operators manual. I'm trying to get to the Long tractor dealer in N. GA to get the proper manuals but that won't be for a month or so.

If I find anything of use I'll let you know. Thanks Ken

/ Need a wiring diagram #6  
Here is a website that has some long info. Maybe you can find something useful that will help. Have a Long 510 and a Universal 445 who made the longs. The 510 can be very tempermental about bleeding air out of the fuel system. I would bleed every access point except maybe the injector pump. What I usually do is where the fuel line goes into the injectors is to open them enough and turn the engine over until you quit seeing bubbles. Lesser Known Classics Discussion Board (Page 1)

/ Need a wiring diagram
Thanks to luvmexfood for the information.

JD5210... I forgot to answer your question regarding emptying the PS system. I just removed my PS ram and he it rebuilt. Some of the fluid drained when I removed the hoses from the ram. Then I started the engine and rotated the steering wheel a couple of times and it pumped all the old stuff out. To get the system full again I had to fill the reservoir three times to get the system full again. Fill it put the cap on, start the engine, rotate the steering wheel, turn it off and do it again. Not hard but time consuming and messy. I hope I have been some help. Ken

/ Need a wiring diagram #8  
My 460 has what the wiring diagram appears to show, the starter switch can either be turned clockwise 1 click for heat, clockwise once more for heat+ start, or counter-clockwise for just start - The above diagram doesn't give fuse sizes, but that just seemed too small to me.

Guess I was wrong though - just found the fuse info on the 460, all fuses are 8 amp except starter, which is 16 amp. Yours is probably same, even the positions on the fuse block look to be same (at least, #1 is the 16 amp)

Have you tried moving the starter switch the opposite way to see if the fuse still blows? IF you have a shorted glow plug that would take out the fuse immediately. If starting WITHOUT heat doesn't blow the fuse, glow plugs are where I'd look.

Bleeding - My Case manual shows two different ways, one is similar to all the "monkey-motion" mentioned, the other was just to loosen the fitting right at the injector pump til fuel comes out, then tighten.

That method seemed kinda slow, so I ran an air hose into a regulator, turned down to about 4 PSI - I have one of those conical rubber ends for the hose, so I removed the fuel tank cap, drilled a hole in a plastic paint spray can lid, placed that over the fuel tank neck and (GENTLY) "encouraged" fuel to go.

Took about 2-3 seconds that way, tightend up the fitting at the pump and it started right off.

Haven't tried that on the Long, no need as yet. My 460 has a primer pump on the side of the block, owner manual says if it's been sitting a long time you should stroke the lever 20 times before starting. On mine, you can tell when it's primed because the lever has more resistance to moving... Steve

/ Need a wiring diagram
I just went to the shop after studying the diagram. I checked things more closely I found the number 1 fuse holder wasn't holding the fuse tightly. It is a 16Amp fuse. After gently adjusting the holder with pliers and testing... everything is working correctly. Steve, I agree with you that 16A fuse is carrying a big load... I suspect it is close to max capacity.

Steve posted a good suggestion about priming the injector pump after changing the fuel filter.

Thanks to all for suggestions and help... Ken