Electric system died on Troy-Bilt 42in mower

/ Electric system died on Troy-Bilt 42in mower #1  

pablog

Tractor
Troy Bilt 42in
Hi,
I have a Troy-Bilt 42in Tractor Mower with a Kohler engine. Today I changed the upper and lower Drive belts. When I put everything back together, I have zero electric power. The 20A fuse next to the battery is good. I tested the battery and it's good. When I turn the key, the mower doesn't even flinch. Not a sound. Nothing.

I suspect it has something to do with the safety mechanism that shuts the mower off when in reverse, but I don't know where is that located. Any other ideas? I appreciate any help.
PG

/ Electric system died on Troy-Bilt 42in mower #2  
Use a test light and starting at the battery follow the positive wire and check for voltage at every connector until you get to the ignition switch.
Check the battery terminal connections (clean and tight) Check the ground cable.

/ Electric system died on Troy-Bilt 42in mower #3  
If you got to a website that has the parts breakdown for the mower you can see where all of the switches are. I also have a "super Bronco" Troy built mower. I have removed some of the wires and it disables the switch, the engine and mower still work fine. Mine has a stupid feature that doesn't allow you to mow in reverse unless you push a triangle button near the key. I suspect that you either pinched a wire and it's shorting to ground or you damaged a switch when installing the belts.

/ Electric system died on Troy-Bilt 42in mower
Thanks for the replies. Before checking the replies i was visually inspecting the wires and wiggling the connectors and now there's power to the headlights, but still no power to start. So maybe it is the battery after all, unless you have other ideas. I'm trying to avoid buying a battery if i don't need to.
New info: I had the battery connected but not in the battery well. It was lying on its side and I was charging it (just in case, 6A 12V) and liquid started pouring from the sides of the battery. I was tempted to taste it to see if it was water or acid, but decided against it.