1996 Kioti LK3054.

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054. #1  

Rodgerd

Tractor
LK3054 Kioti
I have an early 1996 LK 3054 Kioti. The front bevel pinion shaft is very small and broken. It is about 5/8 to 3/4 inch in diameter. This drives the 4 wheel drive which is inop. Seems really under engineered. Anyone know a cure? Thank You for any help you can provide. Rodgerd

Last edited:
   / 1996 Kioti LK3054. #2  
The only practical "cure" to making the 4 WD operable again is to replace it with another OEM shaft. It would take a considerable amount of re-engineering to adapt a "heavier" pinion shaft arrangement. I have read a little about having hard parts cryogenically treated for increased durability...might give that a look. Just don't know of a cost effective way to upgrade the front end to heavier components, or if what appears to be an undersized shaft is even an issue that might recur/ be a common failure to that machine......could have been a one time incident??

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054.
Thank You so much for the reply. The shaft was broken when I bought it so I don't know what it took to break it. I discovered the housing was in need of repair as well so maybe that caused it I ordered the part thru a dealer back in June, and when it came in it was about twice the diameter. They said that was what it called for. Of course it wouldn't work but they couldn't tell me how to get an original one because there parts listing didn't give any diameters. I had given them the serial number. (526500885) This small parts runs right and left axels about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I was told Kioti was expanding their parts base but don't know if that will help. They said they took pictures and sent them to the Kioti rep but here I am with the tractor still in pieces.

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054. #4  
When you look at Kioti's online parts diagrams, it does appear to give 2 different pinion shaft numbers. If you look at the differential diagram it lists the pinion shaft as #35250-43210. If you look at the bevel pinion shaft diagram it list the pinion shaft as # T2185-43212....could this be the confusion in which parts the dealer has ordered?

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054.
Thanks again, The part that was too big was T-2185-43212 Rodger

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054. #6  
Meant to mention that these were both listed under "front axle" components. Wanted to clarify that these were both front end pinions with different numbers, not one front and one rear.

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054. #7  
If you go to MIE, they will have online parts/diagrams, etc. Ask them what you need based on your search- they should be able to get you going.
OEM Parts

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054.
Darryl, I wanted to let you know that dealing with Michigan Iron was a great experience. They said it might take 3 to 4 weeks to get the part I needed as it was out of stock and it was at my door in 2 weeks. Great to be able to get the tractor back together. Thank You so much for all your help. Rodger Hats off to Bob in parts at Michigan Iron and Equipment. Thanks

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054. #9  
So what exactly was the outcome?:confused2: MIE got you the correct part? What caused the break?

/ 1996 Kioti LK3054.
Yes, MIE got me the right part. Part was broken when I got the tractor.