jd310c no power & stalling

/ jd310c no power & stalling #1  

blindfaith

Tractor
JD 310C
I have jd310c it gradually lost power&when hyd are used it stalls.Where is fuel filter located?

/ jd310c no power & stalling #2  
I would start by checking the air filter which is your most likely culprit

/ jd310c no power & stalling #3  
I have jd310c it gradually lost power&when hyd are used it stalls.Where is fuel filter located?

Fuel filter is bolted to the side of engine block. Check for good fuel flow from tank. It's also possible that the fuel return line fitting that attaches to inj pump is plugged.

Attachments

• RP3510_________UN01JAN94.gif
    RP3510_________UN01JAN94.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 107
   / jd310c no power & stalling
thanks for the info.I changed fuel filter & still have problem.It starts,runs for about 10-15 seconds then stalls.Must be fuel problem.I have good flow going into pump,poor flow into injector pump.I removed fuel pump & it seems to work ok by hand but no pressure going into injector pump. What is the purpose of lever on fuel pump? Any information would be appreciated.Thanks!

/ jd310c no power & stalling #5  
The fuel return line fitting that attaches to inj pump is plugged.

thanks,Tx Jim. I'm still stuck in woods with backhoe.It's not return fitting because I'm not even getting fuel to inlet on injector pump! I removed upper plug on filter adapter plate & I have no fuel there. I'm trying to trace things from inj. pump back. I think its fuel pump,but that seemed to be OK when removed & worked by hand. I don't get any fuel surge at filter inlet when engine is cranked. Back to trial & error.

/ jd310c no power & stalling #7  
Clean the strainer in the bottom of the fuel tank. You have tohave full flow to the filter with the line between the filter and the tank disconnected from the filter.

thanks Jerry/MT & Tx Jim.Backhoe is up & running & out of the woods.I had 2 problems,fuel pump was bad, return line from inj.pump was plugged in line up on top near inj. Not an easy thing to get to.thanks again.