jd 2520 scut axle seals.

/ jd 2520 scut axle seals. #1  

JD50Bigdaddy

Tractor
JD 50 1952 JD 2006 2520
hello, I have a jd2520 scut that is having problems with the seals in my front hubs. I have looked on this forum +gtt to see if anyone else is having the same trouble this will be the 2rd time replaceing,its a2006 with 650hrs on it.i also see other owners had same problems with their fuel tanks not letting hood shut correctly I found fix on these forums, also seen about 3pt arms rubbed r4 tires, my dealer would not exchange mine when new style came out.if I call jd does any body thing would replace my arms since they are still rubbing the tires.for the hubs jd said to try diferent oil,just asking any bodys thoughts thanks.jd50

/ jd 2520 scut axle seals. #2  
I don't have that tractor but I have a 25 hp 4x4 of a different brand with a loader. I had seal leakage I guess due to hauling loads in the bucket. I was told to put Lucas Hub Oil in the front end. I kinda laughed at the idea but I found a bottle and put it in. After a couple days the leak was much less and after a week it was gone. Sounds hard to believe I know. It's just an option.

/ jd 2520 scut axle seals.
I don't have that tractor but I have a 25 hp 4x4 of a different brand with a loader. I had seal leakage I guess due to hauling loads in the bucket. I was told to put Lucas Hub Oil in the front end. I kinda laughed at the idea but I found a bottle and put it in. After a couple days the leak was much less and after a week it was gone. Sounds hard to believe I know. It's just an option.[/QUOTE =jd50] thanks for reply I tore hub down here the shim has worn a wee little bit,between the hub and axle housing that seal is the one that was leaking this time a trail of oil 6ft across my garage floor.I think I will try lucas oil this time mixed with jd oil,I used to mix stp with my 90wth,all the time and put in my tractorandtrail hubs.never had aseal leak their and hauled lots of heavy loads.thanks again jd50