Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
As the title says, I have an hour meter on my lawn tractor that I wired to run when the key is on. Some idiot (me) left the key on and I now see an additional 100 or so hours clocked. Has anyone explored what it takes to reset an hour meter?

Attachments

• Hour meter.JPG
    Hour meter.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 471
   / Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #2  
Meters are cheap...

Took the SeaRay into the shop a few years ago and they added 78 hours... one of the techs turned the key on to listen to the CD player!

First and last time to the Dealer and now they are gone...

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #3  
Don't worry about it, simply make a note of it in your maintenance records and move on.

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #4  
Would reversing the wiring make it run back? Probably not.

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #5  
Don't worry about it, simply make a note of it in your maintenance records and move on.

I agree with this.

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #6  
Dont feel alone Travelover, as a new tractor owner myself I added 35 hours to mine just the other week the very same way. It sucks but I know of no way to reset it. Zebrafive, unfortunately its tamperproof they wont run backwards

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #7  
I doubt there's an accurate hour meter on any piece piece of equipment. Disconnect it for a year and you'll be even.

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter
I doubt there's an accurate hour meter on any piece piece of equipment. Disconnect it for a year and you'll be even.
:laughing: I like this advice.

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #9  
Cat replacement meters come with a sticker on which you can write the hours at which the meter was replaced and stick it on your instrument panel so you don't forget the correction factor. I noticed my Kubota RTV had 2 hours on the meter when I test drove it and signed the paperwork but two weeks later when I next saw it at their shop (they were installing options) it had 99 hours so I asked them to change out the meter before delivery which they did. My nephew, however, left the key on after he used it one time last year so now I need to remember to subtract 83 hours from the meter reading. My wife and I have a habit of removing the key and leaving it in the cup holder after we use it just to make sure. Wish they ran the circuit through a pressure switch so the meter gathered hours only when the engine built up significant oil pressure. That is how my tractors are all set up.

/ Accidently Left Key on - added 100 hours to hour meter #10  
Dont feel alone Travelover, as a new tractor owner myself I added 35 hours to mine just the other week the very same way. It sucks but I know of no way to reset it. Zebrafive, unfortunately its tamperproof they wont run backwards

I like the old style mechanically driven ones- they don't count unless the engine is running, could do it like some of the cars- trigger off of tach pulses or an oil pressure light sender wired thru a relay to power the hour meter only when there is oil pressure..