Tractor wheel rim dent, bead leak.

/ Tractor wheel rim dent, bead leak. #1  

wildnwackywill10

Tractor
John Deere 6420, John Deere 5820
About 4 months ago I was reversing out of a shed and accidently hit the edge of the wheel against a pillar which put quite a large dent in the wheel and caused a big air leak. After a lot of work with the sledge hammer I have got the leak to the point where it is only barely there but the fact of the matter is that it still is there. Does anyone have any ideas to finish this leak?
Thanks

/ Tractor wheel rim dent, bead leak. #2  
If cant beat the dent to stop it from leaking then I suggest a Tube...

/ Tractor wheel rim dent, bead leak. #4  
I use a tire bead sealing compound. I have some made by Black Jack but there are other good brands out there. I think I've seen Safety Seal at Autozone. I've also had good luck with Tech Tire Repair products. I like using them over products like slime for leaks at the bead since the bead sealer will dry to a rubbery compound. The downside is that you need to break the bead so you can brush on the bead sealer.

/ Tractor wheel rim dent, bead leak. #5  
X2 for Blackjack

/ Tractor wheel rim dent, bead leak. #7  
Shucks, that's minor damage. Some heat would have helped as well as a bucking bar when hammering back to shape.
Chances are that yo have a bit of tire bead damage that allows seepage. An inner tube would be the best 'cure all' but a good rim sealant could also solve the issue.
If you did not actually remove the tire during 'repair' there could also be some grit elsewhere that is allowing leakage.
I am willing to bet that complete tire pull, good wire brush polishing everywhere and tire rim sealant would be a permanent cure.