Kubota BX24 front & rear PTO will not engaged

/ Kubota BX24 front & rear PTO will not engaged #1  

cklawns

Tractor
BX 24, KX121
Hello,

I'm looking for insight in regards to the PTO on a Kubota BX24.

-Currently neither front or rear pto will engage.

-Checked (2) seat switches, & (1) for the PTO engage lever. All are working.

We have had not issues with the PTO until this point. Front Pto was used each winter to run a snowblower. The rear has been engaged prior, although it has never had any attachment run.

Any knowledge of the PTO on Kubotas would be great. There is no clutch involved on this model, it is simply engaged by a lever.

Thank you in adavance!

/ Kubota BX24 front & rear PTO will not engaged
Hello again,

Does anyone have past experience with PTO issues as I am having? I don't believe the switches are the cause, could it be internal? or the pto engagement lever?

/ Kubota BX24 front & rear PTO will not engaged #3  
I had a BX 1850 and it was a hydraulic engaged clutch. I believe the BX24 is of similar design. The one obvious thing I can think of is that the lever used to shift from mid PTO to rear PTO is not working. Do you feel resistance when trying to change from mid (front) PTO to rear PTO? I can't remember if there was two or three positions on the lever.

There is resistance on the lever, its positions are...I believe, mid (front), combination mid & rear?, and rear. I do feel it move in and out as the lever is moved.

/ Kubota BX24 front & rear PTO will not engaged #5  
Double check that all of the PTO lever linkage is connected and moving properly. I.e no twigs or mud preventing full movement. Then you will have to test for hydraulic pressure for the PTO clutch. According to the service manual I have for the BX1850 & 2350 the PTO relief valve is set at 171.2 PSI (range 145 - 189 PSI) . Again not sure if the BX24 is the same.

Last edited:
Oldnslo, Would you highly recommend the service manual? Would that help with various repair information as well?

Thank you very much.

Oldnslo, Would you highly recommend the service manual? Would that help with various repair information as well?

Thank you very much.

/ Kubota BX24 front & rear PTO will not engaged #8  
CK,
The factory service manual is a little vague in some areas but overall it does a good job of explaining how to diagnose and repair problems. Some people you should should also purchase the illustrated parts manual with the service manual so that you two sources of information on how something is assembled.

/ Kubota BX24 front & rear PTO will not engaged #9  
CK,
I sent you a private message.

/ Kubota BX24 front & rear PTO will not engaged #10  
Hi,

I know some time has passed since your post but I wanted to get this out. I have same problem and had it tore down and found the clutch failed not the disk but housing, kubota said new part was beefier than original. I was wandering if I should get a over run adaptor for the PTO or do you think it's needed.