KingKutter Finish Mower Question

/ KingKutter Finish Mower Question #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
I need a little info from some more knowing individuals regarding KingKutter finish mowers. My 3 year old finish mower just lost the center spindle bearings. My parts breakdown shows the 6 foot deck spindle number at 502300 for the single v-belt. Will a replacement spindle include the shaft, bearings, and seals or do I need to order them seperately. My book doesn't even list the spindle shaft seperately. TSC can't give me answers to my questions.
I really need to repair the deck before the grass gets away from me. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ KingKutter Finish Mower Question #2  
forget TSC I beleive there in a 1-800 number in their owners manuals or go to their web site kingkutter.com

/ KingKutter Finish Mower Question #3  
I have replaced a spindle on my 60" RFM. I got the whole assy less pully for around 60.00. I got it from a dealer in KY. He was very good to deal with.

/ KingKutter Finish Mower Question
We'll give that 800 number a call today. Thanks for the heads up.

/ KingKutter Finish Mower Question #5  
We just replaced one on dads 6 foot KK. For 50 bucks we got the whole unit pulley saft housings and bearing.

/ KingKutter Finish Mower Question #6  
It really seems like tractor supply company stores vary greatly from area to area. There are three stores each within 35 minutes drive from me. 1 of them has a full line of KK replacement parts.. including those deck spindles, blades.. even a stump jumper sitting on the shelf for the rotary cutters.. rear wheel hubs and wheels, and deck wheels. Belts too. Neither of the two other stores have them.

One store has prices a few bucks higher than the other two for the same products.. go figure?...

Soundguy

We did special order the spindle from TSC here in Ohio. Picked it up today and it was a complete spindle, shaft, bearing, seal, assembly complete with attatched cast iron pulley and mounting bolts. 45 minutes later it was installed and working like a new deck. Thanks for the help guys! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ KingKutter Finish Mower Question #8  
Too bad you had to special order it... the store closest to where I work actually keeps one in stock...( as with the rest of the KK stuff I mentioned).. the other 2 stores leave a bit to be desired.. but what the heck when I'm home, I'm closer to the 3rd store.. not the one near my work..

Soundguy

Wasn't too bad it only took 3 or 4 days to get the parts in for me. I really expected a longer delay.

/ KingKutter Finish Mower Question #10  
I haven't had a bearing problem yet with my King Kutter, but I was wondering if the bearings are replaceable? I've replaced bearings in garden tractor spindles and these are just be a little bigger. The local bearing company had the replacements and were pretty cheap if I remember correctly. Maybe you can rebuild the old one and have a spare.