Kubota front axle leaks

/ Kubota front axle leaks #1  

texmexoz

Tractor
Kubota L2202 DT
What a great board you all have goin on here. I have a Kubota L 2202 DT ( Grey Import) which has developed an annoying oil leak from one of the front hub assys. It dribbles out from the bottom pivot point where it meets the axle tube housing. Does anybody have any info on what this might be and what needs to be dismantled to rectify problem. I will try and attach pic of where it is leaking.

Cheers from Australia,
Paul.

Attachments

• 329342-hub1.jpg
    329342-hub1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,752
   / Kubota front axle leaks #2  
Paul:

This past summer I had my B7100 in the shop for repairs. Somehow got to wandering out amoung the new stuff and seen a used B7200. In curiosity checked out the cost and my trade in price.

The first thing the salesman looked at on my tractor was to see if there was any play in the front wheels. He said that with wear and tear the seals just where you indicate may start to leak.

On the repair end I cannot help but am thinking tearing down that portion of the front drive may be within the realm of the common person who has had a look at assembly blow up.

Egon

/ Kubota front axle leaks #3  
I have an L2201DT Grey Market and I had the same problem only leaking quite a bit worse ! This a fairly easy repair. You can take the complete outer hub off of the axle assembly and put it on a work bench to repair . I bought all of the seals and gaskets from Tractorsmart on line . Ordered parts for an L245DT. Just keep track of the "shims" as they set the back lash on the gears .This will be a good time to drain and fill the complete front differential and outer "knuckles" This is not rocket science. Quite straight foreward repair .No special tools required . Tractorsmart has an on line parts manual that you can view and print out the page you need so you can see the "blown up" view of how it assembles . I refilled mine with 90-140 gear lube. I was affraid if I used a thinner lube , it might seep. Mine was quite worn and wobbly . You should repair the leak before it gets real bad like mine did . Wish I had taken pictures now ! Do not be affraid to take it apart yourself . I do not know if your L2202DT is a direct cross to the L245DT like mine was . I don't think Kubota would design a different "knuckle" for each tractor. Mine is 24 hp I think. D1101 engine. Let me know if I can help you in some way. By the way , I fixed mine a year ago and it has not lost a drop of oil yet. Bone dry !!

/ Kubota front axle leaks
Thanks for the info alvanko. I couldn't find any parts blow ups online at tractorsmart but they have a request form to recieve by e-mail so i have submitted this. Just after i got the tractor the other side front hub started leaking but it was the outer seal which was an easy fix. I will definately be repairing myself but i will wait for the parts page so i know what lurks inside. The dealer i purchased the tractor from is local and carries most parts in stock which are crossovers from 245 dt. There is an abundance of grey market dealers in Australia and they all seem to do well within the marketplace with good parts backup.

Cheers for now and thanks again,
Paul.