drive line help

/ drive line help #1  

jeffinsgf

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410
I've got an AgMaster II Driveline on my John Deere MC-5 shredder. The line doesn't slide in and out...probably from lack of use, lack of lubrication and lack of attention...all my fault. I can't get to the drive line to clean it up without removing the plastic guard, and I can't figure out how to remove the guard. There are some little white tabs sticking out of the black that look like they should release, but I've pushed and pried on them every which way with no luck so far. Thought I would seek some advise before I started tearing things up.

I've Googled Agmaster, and found lots of information about buying a new one, but nothing at all on how to take apart one you already have. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

/ drive line help #2  
I've got an AgMaster II Driveline on my John Deere MC-5 shredder. The line doesn't slide in and out...probably from lack of use, lack of lubrication and lack of attention...all my fault. I can't get to the drive line to clean it up without removing the plastic guard, and I can't figure out how to remove the guard. There are some little white tabs sticking out of the black that look like they should release, but I've pushed and pried on them every which way with no luck so far. Thought I would seek some advise before I started tearing things up.

I've Googled Agmaster, and found lots of information about buying a new one, but nothing at all on how to take apart one you already have. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

You might try looking at this:

http://www.haytools.com/public_html/images/AgmasterCatalog.pdf

The first part seems to have maintenance instructions. Pretty big file (107 pages) but hopefully it will have what you need.

Good luck!

NV

/ drive line help
Thanks, I found that site right after I posted the question, and it got me on the right track. Well, that and a 2 x 4 club.