Replacement Glass for Case 580SL

/ Replacement Glass for Case 580SL #1  

Tractor_Joe

Hi All,

I broke out the lower rear glass panel on my Case 580SL loader backhoe. Case wants $203 for the glass. Does anyone know of any other places that I can shop around for glass.

Thanks Joel

<font color="red"> Tip for the day: When removing large trees for friends with backhoe don't try to show off and fling the trees. </font>

/ Replacement Glass for Case 580SL #2  
If it is flat glass,any good glass shop can cut you one.
You will probably need to take them a "template". Have someone hold a piece of cardboard up to the opening and you can trace around with a pen. Then take the template and the rubber seal with you to the glass shop. The shop will cut the glass to fit. If it's curved,your out of luck and will need to buy new or used.

/ Replacement Glass for Case 580SL #3  
try a local glass dealer. If it is a curved piece of glass, it will have a NAGS (National Association of Glass Manufacturers) part number. The glass was made by one of the big glass manufacturers and should be available in the aftermarket. There is a huge difference between the "list" price and the selling price...... Look at the logo in one of the corners of the rest of the glass for a manufacturers ID logo. PPG, LOF, Safelite, etc....

/ Replacement Glass for Case 580SL
Thank you guys for the info. I let you know if I find anything for future glass searchers.

Joel

/ Replacement Glass for Case 580SL #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( my Case 580SL loader backhoe )</font>

Okay, you're kidding, right? Isn't a 580SL a Mercedes? ...just joking /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Replacement Glass for Case 580SL #6  
The Mercedes glass cost less!~~~