Default Replacement Glass for Case 580SL

Hi All,

I broke out the lower rear glass panel on my Case 580SL loader backhoe. Case wants $203 for the glass. Does anyone know of any other places that I can shop around for glass.

Thanks Joel

<font color="red"> Tip for the day: When removing large trees for friends with backhoe don't try to show off and fling the trees. </font>

Tractor
    Yanmar YM186D & Ford LGT14D

Default Re: Replacement Glass for Case 580SL

If it is flat glass,any good glass shop can cut you one.
    You will probably need to take them a "template". Have someone hold a piece of cardboard up to the opening and you can trace around with a pen. Then take the template and the rubber seal with you to the glass shop. The shop will cut the glass to fit. If it's curved,your out of luck and will need to buy new or used.

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

try a local glass dealer. If it is a curved piece of glass, it will have a NAGS (National Association of Glass Manufacturers) part number. The glass was made by one of the big glass manufacturers and should be available in the aftermarket. There is a huge difference between the "list" price and the selling price...... Look at the logo in one of the corners of the rest of the glass for a manufacturers ID logo. PPG, LOF, Safelite, etc....

Thank you guys for the info. I let you know if I find anything for future glass searchers.

Joel

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( my Case 580SL loader backhoe )</font>

Okay, you're kidding, right? Isn't a 580SL a Mercedes? ...just joking [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

The Mercedes glass cost less!~~~