Default Kubota L4310HST hydrostatic creep

I just bought this machine, and have only operated it for an hour or so in cold weather. The hydrostatic transmission gets stuck in forward so that it creeps when you take your foot of the pedal, is stops if you tap the reverse pedal.

I have not had a chance to look into myself, but I thought I would start here. Thanks in advance for your help.

This is my first modern tractor - and I am excited to have a nice size tractor with a loader AND a backhoe. My dad, brother and I have older Fords (9n, 8n, NAAs and 841), my brother has had smaller kubota loader/backhoes in the past.

Tim

Tractor
    Kubota L3200

Default Re: Kubota L4310HST hydrostatic creep

I don't think the transmission itself is stuck, rather, just the treadle. I'd start by greasing it -- there should be a fitting right near the pivot point of the treadle. Then work it back and forth (tractor off) to get the grease moved around a little. Check the rest of the linkage and lube as needed. If that doesn't help, get the dealer on it.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

What s219 said, some use a light grease for this, I use the same as everywhere else. Check your linkage etc. as some have found friction points or sticks; agree it is in all likelihood something simple.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830HST

I know not everyone agrees, but I have good results spraying everything that moves with WD-40. That may help free up your HST pedal and linkage, especially if it's just doing it when it's cold. If all else fails, the pedal linkage may need an adjustment, which should be fairly easy to do.

I'm sure you're going to love this tractor.
    -Jim

Thank you for the replies gents. I have not had time to look at, or lube the pedal linkage yet, plus it has been cold as the proverbial ________ (fill in the blank). However, I did get a chance to play with the tractor for an hour or so last weekend, and yes, I think I will very much enjoy this tractor.