Can I save badly checked tires?

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #21  
Maybe I'm missing something but how might he get hurt "screwing with them"? It's not likely he'll have a high speed blow out on the freeway with a garden tractor. :confused:

I agree with slime or tubes, depending on how bad they really are.

If you need to ask this, you should not be handing out tire advice.

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #22  
I put tubes in all my garden tractor, atv and compact tractor tires, once they show signs of loosing air. I've been doing this for upwards of 20yrs!
I really get the life out of those tires!
:D

/ Can I save badly checked tires?
I put tubes in all my garden tractor, atv and compact tractor tires, once they show signs of loosing air. I've been doing this for upwards of 20yrs!
I really get the life out of those tires!
:D
My tires are 1989 originals and are pretty badly checked. Air now leaks out of the checks-you can hear and feel the air coming through.

Wondering if the addition of a tube will work, of if I need to replace the tires?

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #24  
It's your decision, but I'd try a tube in one tire to see if it works. Best of luck!

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #25  
My tires are 1989 originals and are pretty badly checked. Air now leaks out of the checks-you can hear and feel the air coming through.

Wondering if the addition of a tube will work, of if I need to replace the tires?

With tires that are that rotten, you are risking having one blow up in your face.
Don't buy tubes, throw them away.

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #26  
Seeing as you are selling it anyway, I would go for good used tires. Make flower pots out of your old tires and that way you will avoid the charges for recycling the old tires.

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #27  
Put on new tires (or good used) and just add the cost to the selling price of the tractor. As has been said this should help the sale of the tractor and you will be done with it.
Ken

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #28  
yeah, at the whopping 10 or 12 psi (or less) he would need to put in them.