Can I save badly checked tires?

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
I have an older Wheelhorse Garden tractor. The tires are badly checked and air is
leaking out of the sidewalls in many places. I plan to sell the tractor in the near future
and would like to avoid the expense of new tires.

Is there any way, any product, that would seal the leaks and save the tires?

Wondering what your experiences are with old tires?

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #2  
Tubes - probably $50-70 for all 4 .

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #3  
Slime, just roll the fluid into the leak area.

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #4  
This is just an idea, but I find that items often sell for much much more when they are gussied up a bit.. As an example, put on new tires, and paint up the machine, and you possibly could get much more for it, and enough to cover the cost of the tires and the little bit of cleaning and painting. Just a thought.

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #5  
Junk, good way to get hurt screwing with them.

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #6  
Go to any used car lot and you will see NEW tires. This hides the sloppy misaligned front end and buyers love new tires. The car may not run long enough to wear out the set of new tires , but you as the seller should get your money plus alittle bit more for putting them on. Even if you use tire black paint you are still not hiding the cracks.

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #7  
I did as Carl suggested. $10 saves a $35 tire on a lawn mower.

/ Can I save badly checked tires? #8  
Junk, good way to get hurt screwing with them.

Maybe I'm missing something but how might he get hurt "screwing with them"? It's not likely he'll have a high speed blow out on the freeway with a garden tractor. :confused:

I agree with slime or tubes, depending on how bad they really are.

/ Can I save badly checked tires?
I applied a soap solution to the sidewall and air was escaping all over the sidewall. I could hear the air coming through the tire.

A tube will hold air from escaping, but will it help keep the tire in tack for a while longer? If so, I'm thinking that the tube would
help stabilize the shape of the tire better than slime?