Alternator

/ Alternator
According to the test I have done it seems to be the stator. Shows 0 output.
I have a smsll alternator about 3.5" in dia.

larryd314

/ Alternator
My pto is the electric clutch on the front of my k321 engine.

larryd314

/ Alternator
Well I'm going to side line idea and pull the engine and replace the stator.

laarryd314

/ Alternator #14  
According to the test I have done it seems to be the stator. Shows 0 output.
I have a smsll alternator about 3.5" in dia.

larryd314
Did you have the meter on AC volts?

/ Alternator #16  
yes set on a/c 100v

Isolate the leads from the stator to the rectumfire/voltage regulator. Set the meter to ohm on the 0-100 scale. Wire to wire on the stator should be 5-20ohm as a rough guess. Set the ohm meter to 0-10,000 and measure engine block to each stator wire. Should read 10,000plus ohms.
Figuring the age of the equipment and hours. She did alright to last that long. On occasion a rectumfire/voltage regulator can short out and that will ruin a stator pronto.
Yes that is what we called rectifiers where I used to work. They were poor design for the particular application and were no end of troubles.

/ Alternator
0 on all accounts, no matter how I check it. I'm pulling the engine in morning.

larryd314

/ Alternator #18  
??? 0.0 ohms would be a dead short but most ohm meters show that as something between 0.1 and 1.0 ohms. What does your ohm meter read when the meter leads are touched together ?
In this case a w.a.g. of replacing the stator and voltage regulator/rectumfire often restores the charging function.

/ Alternator
My meter actually reads 1. ZILCH DEAD AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN KAPUT NO WORKIE

/ Alternator #20  
I can think of several good reasons for adding an auxiliary alternator. If it's a one wire alternator, it would be a relatively easy thing to do. All that's required is building a bracket to hold it.

I think it's a neat idea, one I will probably do someday.