Koyker Raptor transmission

/ Koyker Raptor transmission #1  

tnym

Tractor
Koyker
Hi, I just picked up am early 90s model Koyker Raptor 1000 series. It has a 14 HP Kohler motor that runs all right from what I can tell so far.
I got it cheap because it has no transmission. I've looked around on the internet, but have been unable to find much information on this. Does anyone here know
where I might can find a used/salvage transmission that would work on it? I don't want to sink a whole lot of money into the unit as it is just for puttering around the house some.
Also, does anyone know if another model's transmission will work if I can't find the one that actually goes on it. I'm no great mechanic, but I can swap parts around and do have access
to a brother-in-law who is pretty mechanically adept. Any thoughts, help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks- Michael

/ Koyker Raptor transmission #2  
Hi from California. This is a bit late, but I thought I would check in anyway. Did you ever find anything out? I have the same Raptor with the transmission but it is defective and like you have been trying to find a new one with no luck. When I inspect the case I don't see a name or model number. If I knew what brand and number I could put it in Google and maybe find one.
Regards, Tony

/ Koyker Raptor transmission #3  
Did you ever find any info about the raptor transmission. I have one of these, it also has a defective transmission, but is still there. The gears are torn up, probably from shifting while moving. Koyker is no help at all, they treated me like I was trying to borrow money. Either they couldn't or just wouldn't supply me with the OEM of that tranny.
I was considering a hydraulic setup since I have the motors and pump system from a old mower. May also go with an ATV rear end that I have. Either way there will be quite a bit of modification. I'm not too far from Paris TX, if you'd like to see what it originally came with or just want to compare notes.
Don

/ Koyker Raptor transmission #4  
Not sure what transmission the 1000 series had, I have a Koyker 4214 with the Borg Warner BT-92 3 speed manual box. This transmission is available new and parts from Olympic Gear Products, LLC. I ended up going to their Facebook page to make contact, but they were able to supply me with a new build unit (~$1150). Any other information on the units that Koyker put into their ATV's would sure be appreciated. I have Dad's 4214, and age and use has many items on the maintenance list (brake pads is what comes immediately to mind).
-Eric

/ Koyker Raptor transmission #5  
Eric: Thanks for the reply. I kept it all these years to be repaired because it is such a heavy duty unit and it cost around $10,000 new. I looked at Olympic Gears info on the BT-92 box and it looks like it's a match. I'm going to call them with my problem (stuck in neutral). As far as the brakes on my unit, they looked way too small for my hilly property so I adapted small Wilwood calipers and bought half inch thick vented rotors from a go cart parts site. Now I can get pads from online sellers like Summit racing. As far as any other parts I don't have a clue. I have had an ongoing search for Koyker Raptor parts in eBay for years and no hits. Thanks again.

/ Koyker Raptor transmission #6  
Glad that the information is useful. Could you pass along the information on the brake setup you went with? As it apparently works well, It would be better for me rather than trying to piece stuff together with no experience with these parts and what their compatabilities are.
-Eric

/ Koyker Raptor transmission #7  
Re: Koyker Raptor rear disc brakes.

Glad that the information is useful. Could you pass along the information on the brake setup you went with? As it apparently works well, It would be better for me rather than trying to piece stuff together with no experience with these parts and what their compatabilities are.
-Eric
I don't want to recommend the exact 120-9687 Wilwood calipers I used on my first try at this, even though they work, and the 3 1/4 inch bolt spacing fits 2 of the holes on the Koyker caliper mounts. These calipers needed a wider rotor than stock, so I used an expensive cast iron rotor on one side and two 3/16 rotors together on the other side for a thickness of 3/8th. After doing some research I might have found a better caliper for this application. The Wilwood 120-12178 works with a 3/16 or 1/4 rotor but you may have to drill one new hole in the Koyker mount. These are on eBay now for $87.57 each (ouch). Replacement 8 to 8.5 inch rotors can be found at online go-cart vendors like BMI Karts & Parts. I can't find the wide cast iron rotors in an eight inch size anymore. The pads for your calipers might be available if you can find a brand name or part number.