Ford 4000 backhoe pin diameter?

/ Ford 4000 backhoe pin diameter? #1  

BlackDogChainsaw

Tractor
Ford 4000 Industrial w/ Backhoe
Hey guys,
Just bought this Ford 4000 unit for my acreage.

The main pivot pin on the backhoe was sheered off. I'm guessing due to the fact they put too small of a replacement in. Anyhow, my buddies can get me bar stock in any size to make the pin but I need to know the stock diameter. I was getting 1.33"-1.43" with my dial caliper but the outside edge is all wallered out. I'm guessing it's 1.375" or 1-3/8"? I know I need about 12.5-13" of bar stock...

Please help!
Nathan

/ Ford 4000 backhoe pin diameter?
Here is a pic of tractor. Think it's early to mid 60's industrial unit..?

image.jpg

Sorry, Don't know how that got upside down...

IMG_7558.jpg

/ Ford 4000 backhoe pin diameter? #4  
Hey guys,
Just bought this Ford 4000 unit for my acreage.

The main pivot pin on the backhoe was sheered off. I'm guessing due to the fact they put too small of a replacement in. Anyhow, my buddies can get me bar stock in any size to make the pin but I need to know the stock diameter. I was getting 1.33"-1.43" with my dial caliper but the outside edge is all wallered out. I'm guessing it's 1.375" or 1-3/8"? I know I need about 12.5-13" of bar stock...

Please help!
Nathan
FWIW...
I have the repair and service manuals for the ford 4000 industrial w/BH but unfortunately I've loaned them to a friend...if you can post a picture of the pin I can check with him this evening and have him see if the size is listed in the parts catalog...

The guy I bought this from has the tractor manuals too. I'm trying to see what the cost will be on repairing a few things before I give him the final payment and get the manuals. Kind of a catch 22... Can't price without manual, but can't get manual without pricing...

Any chance you could look up the seal kit numbers for the front hydraulic loader cylinders? Think it's a 712 loader if that makes sense?? All 4 leak...

95% sure it's the pin circled in red. I was measuring 11.5" across but need extra for washer and cotter pin...
I think this is a 723 backhoe?
backhoe.JPG

/ Ford 4000 backhoe pin diameter? #6  
You'll need a line boring set up to fix the boom and bucket holes. If you're fully equipped, you can make one pretty easily, but it's going to take some time in the machine shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J9ak3wKtPQ

Original pin diameter isn't overly important in this case. You can set the pin whatever size you want after either sleeving or welding the worn bores.

Yeah um... I just spent $4200 on the whole machine and it's not going to get enough use to warrant a $400+ trip to the machine shop. I wanted the original pin diameter so that hopefully it would tighten up everything for the amount I will be using it. If I wanted to throw money at it, I would have probably bought a new bucket and sleeved the backhoe arm. I could probably sleeve it myself without line boring it, and that would give me a smooth bore to run a new pin in. But, for it's purposes and the 20hrs of use I may put on the backhoe; it's not worth the machine shop bill to fix correctly.

/ Ford 4000 backhoe pin diameter? #8  
online parts catalog help any?

yea that would probably help alot. I know how to find online parts for my chainsaws but not for tractors... LOL...

I need to rebuild most of the hydro cylinders and a bunch of other little stuff.

As for my pin problem... I was thinking of using wooden dowels to see what the biggest diameter pin I can use. My buddies work for a machine shop so they can mail me some bar stock and can turn it down in a lathe if need be. I just need to know what the OEM pin diameter is...

/ Ford 4000 backhoe pin diameter? #10  
cnh has an online parts catalog. ...