POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP

/ POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #1  

ENIGMA

Tractor
Kubota L3130
Long story short, I live in Hendersonville NC, but I bought my L3130 from another dealer in SC because the local dealer acted like he didn't care if I bought one from him or not and the SC dealer was $1000 cheaper. I've used the local dealer for over $1000 of broken parts (my fault, not the tractor) because he was close. The other day I mentioned my transmission wouldn't pull above 4th gear in cold weather until it warmed up. I was bluntly told not to bring it to them for repair. I pointed out that it wasn't a warranty job, it would be cash but they flatly said since I didn't buy it from them, they wouldn't work on it. Has anyone run into this kind of problem with a Kubota dealer? Who do I complain to? Second, what would cause this sort of transmission problem? It still pulls OK when warmed up. I like my tractor, but I am sorry I have done any business with my local dealership. I'm sure the SC dealer would have been happy to ship me anything I needed.

/ POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #2  
Never with a tractor dealer, but a Chev dealer gave me the same line about 25 years and 7 Fords ago!

/ POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #3  
If your transmission and tractor works FINE in all gears/speed when warmed up and just not when cold, my suggestion would be the trans fluid is just too cold and creates additional drag until warm. John Deere has two different hydro fluids one for warmer temps and one for colder, not sure if Kubota does the same thing. On my Deere SCUT I switched my hyd. oil to amsoil synthetic and it made a huge difference in performance on cold days, before everything was sluggish for the first 5-10 minutes and now it works the same from cold start until shutdown, no matter what the temperature is.

One other thought, call the selling dealer and ask them if they have run into this problem and if they have any suggestions. Maybe they'll give you the solution you need, and you won't have to continue to deal with the local dealer on this issue. Good luck!

/ POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #4  
I wish I could help.

On the Kubota web site there is a "contact us" link. Send them a email.

As much as I enjoy my Kubota I wouldn't put up with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #5  
I wish I could help.

On the Kubota web site there is a "contact us" link. Send them a email.

As much as I enjoy my Kubota I wouldn't put up with that.

Me either. I would not buy a thing from a dealer like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #6  
I would never do business with a dealer like that. You'll be almost be assured of future problems. Buy your parts mail order and if anything goes wrong, haul it and make it a fun road trip. Aside from your current issue, which is likely cold trans fluid, your Kubota will probably never break anyway. Sometimes dealers are jerks and can cause lots of grief but the good news is they usually fail before long.

/ POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #7  
It just might be that there's nothing wrong with the tractor. This reminds me of the time a neighbor bought an old used, but pretty nice, Oliver 1855. The first cold morning, he started it, but could not get it to move at all. So he left it running while he went back in the house, got a cup of coffee, and called the dealer from whom he bought it. The dealer told him that was normal; that it had to warm up a bit before use. And by the time he went back outside, the old Oliver worked just fine.

/ POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #8  
Some dealers have the mentality that they control their growth and time by restricting service to their own products sold. I don't agree with that business model. I owned three electronics dealerships and was happy to service anyone, however, if two jobs were next and one was our sale, it got attention first.

/ POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #9  
Some dealers have the mentality that they control their growth and time by restricting service to their own products sold. I don't agree with that business model. I owned three electronics dealerships and was happy to service anyone, however, if two jobs were next and one was our sale, it got attention first.
I believe that this is the way MOST dealers do work even warranty work. I have never heard of a dealer refusing to work on a vehicle. They must have more business than they can handle and if everyone who bought from them overpaid by $1000 then the OP must have more than one village idiot living within its boundaries.

/ POOR ATTITUDE FROM LOCAL KUBOTA DEALERSHIP #10  
And after they show you their attitude, I'm sorry, but I vote with my money and would never grace their door again, and I would never want them working on my tractor after saying that to you.