JD 4100 Charging Issue

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue #1  

jps4100

Tractor
Mad 4100
Hello to everyone ! My first post to ask for help in correcting a charge problem on my 4100. It has the stupid magnetic generator not a alternator like most are familiar with ? Can anyone explain how to trouble shoot this system ? Generator is putting out over 30V A/C but only about 12V DC at battery ? How do you check regulator ? Also any one have a proper diagram for a 4100 with Magnetic Generator ?........Thanks....jps4100

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue #2  
Try this first...unplug the wire harness connection to the glow plug timer. Its located on bracket at the front the engine compartment above the radiator. Then take charging voltage reading and see if it goes back to normal.

This failure has been occurring lately must be the age of the component. What happens is that if the timer contacts stay in the closed position it continues to supply 12v current to the glow plugs after the time cycle is supposed to open. (3 sec interval) See if that helps otherwise start your troubleshooting with the battery connections.

If it is you can get by without replacement it is like an $80 part

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue
Try this first...unplug the wire harness connection to the glow plug timer. Its located on bracket at the front the engine compartment above the radiator. Then take charging voltage reading and see if it goes back to normal.

This failure has been occurring lately must be the age of the component. What happens is that if the timer contacts stay in the closed position it continues to supply 12v current to the glow plugs after the time cycle is supposed to open. (3 sec interval) See if that helps otherwise start your troubleshooting with the battery connections.

If it is you can get by without replacement it is like an $80 part

Thank you for the information, still looking for a wiring diagram for a 4100 with magnetic generator ?

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue
Still need wiring diagram ?

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue #5  
let me know if you didn't get it

Joe

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue
let me know if you didn't get it

Joe

Wanted to follow up on my 4100 charging problem. After tearing the tractor apart, it was the reg/rectifier unit on right side under black plastic shroud, below the hand throttle. Replaced with unit from DB electrical. Part is same as JD at only $44.00. Hope this helps some one down the road.

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue #7  
jps4100 can I get a link for that part. I've been needing to replace it.since it drains the battery while running and our local James RIVER is asking WAY to much...I'd did search online..but never could find anything.
Also our ALT went bad several months ago. E bay this : ALTERNATOR JOHN DEERE MOWER YANMAR 1600 1600 TURBO 1620 4100.
Replacement for a great price. In fact...ran so well..I ordered 2 more..one for the Jim Dandy the other as a spare.

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue #8  
I have the same problem with my 4100. Do you have the p/n for that replacement regulator/rectifier? Is DB Electrical the name of the supplier?

/ JD 4100 Charging Issue #9  
the phone number for d/b is 800-753-9060 they are in grey tn which is close to bristol very good people