Need help! 3 point hitch

/ Need help! 3 point hitch #1  

Draagyn

Silver Member
Tractor
65 JD 3020, 75 IH 966
I'd like to have an operational 3 point hitch by spring time. The state of mine is shown in the pictures. Every time I look to replace something I find something else that needs replacing. Wondering if it would be best to replace piece by piece or what? I bought two cat 2 weld on eyes for the draft arms but I only have one original arm. Also bought a new top link but it has 1-1/8" pin on both ends which won't work with tractor. I could modify tractor or find right parts. One of the lift arms adjustment lever is snapped and both are seized. Draft arm adjustment pins are missing and draft arm tractor side eyes don't have correct pins in them so probably also need replacing. And I don't recall seeing any anti image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg sway blocks. I can't afford all these parts new from JD. Please any suggestions!

/ Need help! 3 point hitch
John Deere 3020

/ Need help! 3 point hitch #3  
Check E-bay (John deere 3020 3 pt hitch) shop away.

/ Need help! 3 point hitch #4  
You may also want to google Tractor Wrecking yards there are a few out here in Sask and Alta. Give them your list of parts and they should be able to source them for you.

Cheers

Roger

/ Need help! 3 point hitch #5  
Try looking at tractor salvage yards.

Because I live in rural canada shipping kills the good prices on eBay, usually comes to same price as dealer. I can get two draft links shipped from ASAP for $280 before taxes, but that's still a much considering how many other parts I still need. Are there any companies that reproduce these parts? Will try to find Canadian salvage yard.
Roger, do you know names of any salvage yards?
Thanks everyone for the help

/ Need help! 3 point hitch #7  
just google Western Canada Tractor Wreckers . There is a big list , Where in the Heck is WoodPecker?

Cheers

Roger

That works I guess. I have contacted Watrous and Westlock. See what they say. Woodpecker is just south of Prince George BC

/ Need help! 3 point hitch #9  
Ahh!! Beautiful country out there, I was out to PG a few years ago a time or two recruiting people for the oil-patch. Hopefully the wreckers will get the parts you need probably the most economical way of shipping would be via Greyhound. Good luck!! I'll keep My eyes peeled around here as well.

Cheers

Roger

what about stabilizers?