Replacement Wheels

/ Replacement Wheels #1  

Eric_Whitney

Tractor
Ford 1210
I’ve been looking on-line to find some replacement wheels for my Ford 1210. It takes a 6 on 6 bolt pattern and the sizes are:
15 X 10 and 10 X 6

Has anyone found a good resource for solid steel wheels? The New Holland dealer wants major money for OEM!!!

Thanks

EW

/ Replacement Wheels #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The New Holland dealer wants major money for OEM!!!
)</font>

Eric, can you be a little more specific about the price from New Holland? I have an old Ford Jubilee that has two-part wheels (outer rim and center hub). Are your wheels two-part? I bought replacement outer rims for around $100 each a few years ago. My NH dealer had a better price than anyone else. It's hard to judge what a better deal on wheels is if we don't know how much your NH dealer is asking. I think $100 is cheap, but if you expected to pay only $50, then your perspective is completely different. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Replacement Wheels #3  
When I was looking for replacement rims for a tractor a few years ago, I wasn't able to find any. I did find the OEM, but they said that the wheel was a proprietary item that had to be bought through the dealer..... they only sold that wheel to that tractor manufacture because the wheel was made to that tractor manufacturers standard.

/ Replacement Wheels #4  
Many of the rims and center sheets look the same and they might bolt on but they might be made for a smaller load or a heavier load so beware when purchasing. I would say that normally the cheaper would be the lighter wheels unless a true bargin is found.

/ Replacement Wheels #5  
Here is a link to a wheel manufacturer. Unverferth

Note they only sell through dealers. There is a dealer locator on the web site.

/ Replacement Wheels #6  
I got my second set from the dealer's wholesale supplier, he was parting out a model like mine. The price was the same, $360 with or without tires. I chose the latter option.

/ Replacement Wheels #7  
Try Galaxy Tire & Wheel in Malden Mass. http://www.galaxytire.com/ I just purchased some tires there for my 2120 and they have a ton of wheels and tires in stock. The price I got was far better than from any tire or tractor dealer around here. They sell direct, but also have a large wholesale trade and OEM wheels and tires to many manufactures. Give them a call, they were very easy to deal with.

Andy

/ Replacement Wheels
Thanks for the Link Bob999. I located 3 dealers near me. Looks like they make the wheels in my state.

Jinman, the dealer wants $350.00 each for the rear and $198 each for the fronts. Seams a little high to me. The wheels are not the 2 part, but just one piece rims like a garden tractor only bigger.

Thanks for the input, I'll call some dealers about Unverferth wheels prices.

/ Replacement Wheels #9  
If the centers are welded then you should look at the offset needed before ordering, this could cause trouble for the vendor and yourself.