SERVICE PRICE

/ SERVICE PRICE #1  

powerstroke2000

Silver Member
What would you guy expect to pay labor wise to have your tractor serviced? I know the filter and oil will vary so I was just won't a labor price to change engine oil, filter and hydraulic filter then check the oil level in the front axle and finals clean radiator and air filter.

/ SERVICE PRICE #2  
I was charged 2 hours labor at $72/hour
Included a pressure wash /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ SERVICE PRICE #3  
Any of the shops will charge $50-100/hour anymore. Most of them have a set price to do what you say. Hard to get away for less than a couple hundred for $25 worth of oil and filters. No thanks. For my 4600 the hydraulic fluid and oil change was $250! On my 6415 they just sent me a coupon to have it all done $300! That's why I do all of my own maintenance. That way I know it's done right and you're not paying somebody $200/hr. Heck the time it takes to load the tractor up and take it in for service a guy can have done yourself.

/ SERVICE PRICE #4  
I had the hydraulic oil and filters changed, in my JD 4610 (I did the engine oil and filter myself). I was charged 1 hour labor @ $40 an hour + the cost of filters and hydro oil = $184.94.

/ SERVICE PRICE #5  
When getting oil and fluids changed at a shop the person doing the work may not know any more about it than you do. Only advantage is disposal of old fluids and clean hands balanced off by cost and time taking tractor in.
Egon

/ SERVICE PRICE #6  
I was "originally" charged 2 hours. I need to explain though. I had asked at the time of purchase, what a 50 hr service cost. I was told "approx $150". When I picked it back up the girl typing in the invoice Nextels the service manager and asked how many hours to charge. His reply was 1½-2 hours. She charged me for 2. I complained and they knocked an hour off. Bill went from $231 down to $154. No problem, I paid it. For now on, I will do my own fliud and filter changes, for about $60 in parts not including hydraulic fluid.

/ SERVICE PRICE
the reason I asked I charged a guy a total of $143 to do the above metioned he supplied the motor oil it took a gallon of hyd oil but the price included pick up and delivery which took two trips because it wouldn't fit on the first trailer since he widened the tires out and he complained that $60 labor was to much. I though it was a fairly reasonable price

/ SERVICE PRICE #8  
Was it $60 total labor, or per hour?

Do you have a professional shop, or where you dong it on the side? If you have a shop, with licenses and insurance and overhead and salary expenses and taxes and a reserve to cover the cost of come-backs, then $60/hour is a reasonable price. It it's on the side, then $25/hour or so would be more in line.

/ SERVICE PRICE
that was $30 a hour and Factory authorized shop we still have a low overhead

/ SERVICE PRICE #10  
That was cheap at twice the price, then. You'll never satisfy everyone.