1953 Ford Jubilee proofmeter/tachometer cable not engaging

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee proofmeter/tachometer cable not engaging #1  

cbolcato

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135 & 1953 Ford Jubilee
i have a 1953 ford jubilee and the proofmeter/tachometer cable does not seem to engaging the with the drive located in the hydraulic pump.

Is this possibly the wrong cable looks like the one i took off, but it wasn't working either?

Is there possibly a piece (sleeve, key, etc.) missing?

New cable and proofmeter.

Any help would be appreciated.

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee proofmeter/tachometer cable not engaging #2  
look in at the end of the pump with it running. is the lil drive sleeve rotating?

i've seen a couple different repro and one more OE style cable lately. some have a good drive tang. some not so good. you see square profiles and some barely pinched flat tangs. and some with bigger pinched tangs.

get cable screwed onto the pump and see if the cable is spinning.. or stops. does it stay turning if you dip the cable down away from the pump? some of the tangs don't engage good and slip off.

also.. some of the cores are a lil shy in length and if both sides are not seated they drive is eratic.

post back

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee proofmeter/tachometer cable not engaging
Yes the little sleeve is turning, but the ID of the sleeve seem to big for the cable, or cable too small so the tang does not stay engaged.

The sleeve has a slot for the tang to catch, could it be streched open or worn internally?

Can you buy just that little sleeve?

Almost seems like there should be some kind of shim or something.

Thoughts?

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee proofmeter/tachometer cable not engaging #4  
....I too am having the same problem... :( ...am going to the Ford dealer to see what they have to say about it tomorrow...