3 Point hitch not working

/ 3 Point hitch not working #1  

Farmall50m

Tractor
John Deere 790,5205
Does anyone have info on what could be wrong with my 3 point hitch.. The arms will not lift when I pull the lever... I really need to figure this out before the snow comes cause I am gonna plow with a boxblade....

Jon

/ 3 Point hitch not working #2  
most compacts have a screw valve under the seat that will shut off the three point hitch. It also is used to lower the drop speed for mounted implements.

/ 3 Point hitch not working #3  
On your 790, that valve that controls the rate of drop of your 3PH is just between your legs as you're setting on the tractor. This is explained in your manual (which you should always check before you post here).

/ 3 Point hitch not working
I checked the manual and tried to adjust the knob.. That did not work.. I am gonna go to my dealer this week and see if they might be able to find out what is wrong. It makes a vibrating noise when I try to bring it up. I checked all my fluid levels since my manual says to do and they turned out fine.

/ 3 Point hitch not working #5  
Maybe, before going to dealer?--Check any hydraulic oil filter that may be clogged--Could be blocking oil flow--I have also heard of raising the arms manually while someone else operates the control lever--Sometimes this may help unstick and get to lift to pickup--This is dangerous and you would need to use every caution, if attempted??--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm equipment Co. *Used Sickle Bar Mower Headquarters*

/ 3 Point hitch not working #6  
"I checked the manual and tried to adjust the knob.. That did not work"

Another possibility is a sticking check valve preventing fluid from moving into the 3PH system. This has caused "jerky" operation because the ball (in the check valve) was fluttering (this was the topic of another thread a few months ago). A stuck check valve would prevent any operation.

Something to ask your dealer about...