Tractor
    John Deere 790,5205

Default 3 Point hitch not working

Does anyone have info on what could be wrong with my 3 point hitch.. The arms will not lift when I pull the lever... I really need to figure this out before the snow comes cause I am gonna plow with a boxblade....

Jon

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: 3 Point hitch not working

most compacts have a screw valve under the seat that will shut off the three point hitch. It also is used to lower the drop speed for mounted implements.

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

On your 790, that valve that controls the rate of drop of your 3PH is just between your legs as you're setting on the tractor. This is explained in your manual (which you should always check before you post here).

Tractor
    John Deere 790,5205

I checked the manual and tried to adjust the knob.. That did not work.. I am gonna go to my dealer this week and see if they might be able to find out what is wrong. It makes a vibrating noise when I try to bring it up. I checked all my fluid levels since my manual says to do and they turned out fine.

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Maybe, before going to dealer?--Check any hydraulic oil filter that may be clogged--Could be blocking oil flow--I have also heard of raising the arms manually while someone else operates the control lever--Sometimes this may help unstick and get to lift to pickup--This is dangerous and you would need to use every caution, if attempted??--Ken Sweet
    Sweet Farm equipment Co. *Used Sickle Bar Mower Headquarters*

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

"I checked the manual and tried to adjust the knob.. That did not work"

Another possibility is a sticking check valve preventing fluid from moving into the 3PH system. This has caused "jerky" operation because the ball (in the check valve) was fluttering (this was the topic of another thread a few months ago). A stuck check valve would prevent any operation.

Something to ask your dealer about...

Silver Member

Farmall, do your front hydraulics operate normally?