Kubota RTV 900 Weird Problem

/ Kubota RTV 900 Weird Problem #1  

treyco

Tractor
2007 RTV900
I can't find anyone else on the forums with this issue. I have a 2008 RTV900 that I purchased new. In the last few weeks it has started doing this weird thing. After running for a few minutes, it will make some ticking noises and seemingly "slip out of gear". Then it revs the engine extremely high and white smoke starts pouring out of the tail pipe. You can switch the key off and it will take about 5 seconds and it will shutdown. If you wait a minute or so you can usually crank it back up but it will do the same thing again very soon. You have to let it sit a while before it will run two or three minutes under load again. It was serviced about 2 months before it started this. All fluid levels seem to be correct. Anyone heard of this?

/ Kubota RTV 900 Weird Problem #2  
no. I have a RTV900 MY2011 and it runs just fine. I'd call the service company sooner rather than later and perhaps argue you just put service money into it...either it's something they did or they should have noticed a potential problem. maybe they will give you a price break to fix it.

/ Kubota RTV 900 Weird Problem #3  
Air in fuel line? Loose fuel filter or cracked fuel line?

/ Kubota RTV 900 Weird Problem
Really? I didn't realize that could do that? I will check. What do you think would cause it to not get better until I let it sit for a while?

/ Kubota RTV 900 Weird Problem #5  
Ticking and white smoke tells me its fuel. If its got air it was will tend to run rough which may indicate the governor is trying to make up for rough idle, starving fuel or air not allowing the injector pump to build pressure. See if you have air in the return line, check fuel filters for sludge, bacteria or water.

/ Kubota RTV 900 Weird Problem #6  
The fact it runs fine for a minute means the air settled out. Just my .02 ¢.

/ Kubota RTV 900 Weird Problem #7  
. I have a RTV900 MY2011 and it runs just fine. I'd call the service company sooner rather than later and perhaps argue you just put service money into it...either it's something they did or they should have noticed a potential problem. maybe they will give you a price break to fix it.[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty big call alot can happen in two months, a bad batch of fuel could cause a problem like this and you can't blame the service dept for that.
I agree though that you should get it looked at straight away it could be any number of things all with the potential to do engine damage.

Jon