FEL Control Valve Re-Build

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build #1  

fschukar

Tractor
Kubota 2150 HST
I have an LA350 FEL on my 2150 Kubota. The bucket has been getting lazier and lazier over the past year, especially in the "up" mode. I've done the sump screen, the fluid and filter replacement, etc. and that didn't help. I think it's time to re-build the valve.
My question: has anyone done this before? Do after market o-rings fit the danged thing? How much of a job is it?
Fritz

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build #2  
I believe the loader valves are made for Kubota by Husco. You might try their web site for product support.

Husco web site

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You might try their web site for product support. )</font>

That might work for you, but I tried even calling them on the phone once and they flat refused to tell me anything at all; just said they made them for Kubota and you could only get any information about them from Kubota.

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The bucket has been getting lazier and lazier over the past year, especially in the "up" mode. )</font>

Before you spend your money and effort rebuilding the control valve, you should be sure that one or both of your bucket's curl cylinders are not leaking internally. Is it just the bucket roll that's "lazy" or is it also your arms? You can disconnect cap off your control and then see if you can roll the bucket with your weight in the bucket. The idea is to isolate the cylinders and then put some pressure on them so if they are leaking internally, the cylinder will move. If you can't move the bucket, the cylinder is good.

I thought I had a control valve problem on an old Ford loader, but the service manager told me he had only rebuilt one in his entire career. He suggested a leak internally to the cylinders and he was correct. After having my cylinders rebuilt, everything worked perfectly. I can't be sure if Kubota's control valves are as reliable, but before I disassembled the valve, I'd make sure the problem wasn't the cylinders. Good luck!

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build #5  
The spools in your control valve doesn't have o-rings. Your problem will more than likely be in your pump or your cylinders or a relief valve that has gotten weak.

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build
I should have mentioned that the bucket up (full) and bucket down (empty) (not the lift arm up and down) work perfectly. I reversed the up/down function hoses and it picks up fine but lowers really slow.

No o-rings, eh? Kubota sells a "re-build kit" for the valve (five parts) for $80. My dealer had no clue what was included in the kit.
Fritz

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build #7  
Let me rephrase that about the o-rings. The valve doesn't have o-rings on the spools where they channel the fluid. The valve does have o-rings but they are for end seals and plug seals.

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build
Thanks, JerryG. Any clue as to how to trouble-shoot the "relief valve"? Like where it's located or any adjustment I might try?
Fritz

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build #9  
It is rare that a control valve does fail. I would look at the cylinders or the quick release couplings on your hoses aswe often find them the culprits.

/ FEL Control Valve Re-Build #10  
fschukar,
I am no expert on Kubotas. You will need to ask Art or one of the others.