Kubota 1750 won't start -- help!

/ Kubota 1750 won't start -- help! #1  

mydavieboys

Tractor
kubota 1750
My kubota 1750 has always run great, but this year after some below zero nights in the cold garage I started it fine and pulled out and it slowly idled down and stalled. Never happened before. Checked fuel - half a tank. Tried to restart and turns over just fine but it won't start, not ever a sputter. Waited till weather turned warm thinking that the cold had an influence but nothing changed even at 70 degrees. Trying to avoid the trailer and tow to the only Kubota dealer nearby - 35 miles away and seems every time I go there it is always big bucks. My family is dealing with horrible medical issues and funds are low, son is a Leukemia survivor and wife recently had a mastectomy from Stage 3 Breast Cancer. If anyone can help with advice I would greatly appreciate it -- Thank You and God Bless !!!

/ Kubota 1750 won't start -- help! #2  
Welcome to TBN. Sorry to hear of all your difficulties. Here's hoping things get better soon.
Re: tractor, is it HST or gear? How many hours, year of mfg.?
Check your fusebox first, and make sure ALL fuses are intact, especially items like glow plugs.
When was the tractor last running? Did you have any recent repairs or other issues with it running? When did it last have filters serviced? Check your fuel bowl for sediment, water or clowdy fuel. Drain fuel bowl and replace fuel filter. How old is the fuel that is in the tank?
Post back results of suggested fixes and please answer the questions posed. Chin up!:thumbsup:

/ Kubota 1750 won't start -- help! #3  
Sounds like a fuel problem. Do you know how to loosen the connector at the injectors? If so, loosen it and turn it over to til you get a good flow of juice.

/ Kubota 1750 won't start -- help! #4  
I would check the in line fuel filters to see if maybe it got plugged then make sure you have good fuel flow to the the injectors on the top of the motor by loosening one of the fuel feed lines and cranking the motor over if you see a fair amount of fuel flowing then look for air intake restrictions. Possibly a mouse nest in the air cleaner or a broken engine stop solenoid. Hope you find this helpful and dont have to trailer it to the dealer.

/ Kubota 1750 won't start -- help!
Thank you Coyote Machine. It may sound stupid as I have owned this Kubota for 15 or so years but never knew a diesel had a fuel filter, nor did I know it was serviceable. I followed your lead and the manual and the filter was so clogged it was like black dried peanut butter. I scraped out all the gunk and repeatedly soaked it in Kerosene. Cleaned up everything nicely, bled, and works great. Thank you again, your advice was greatly appreciated !!!!!!

/ Kubota 1750 won't start -- help! #6  
Thank you Coyote Machine. It may sound stupid as I have owned this Kubota for 15 or so years but never knew a diesel had a fuel filter, nor did I know it was serviceable. I followed your lead and the manual and the filter was so clogged it was like black dried peanut butter. I scraped out all the gunk and repeatedly soaked it in Kerosene. Cleaned up everything nicely, bled, and works great. Thank you again, your advice was greatly appreciated !!!!!!

You're welcome! Man that filter must have seen a lot of diesel over the years! Glad you were able to solve the problem and she's running again.:thumbsup: I suggest making up a maintenance sheet with hours logged on machine noting what work you have done and notes to replace filters at so many hours/ months going forward. It makes it easier to keep track. Keep the log sheet near your tractor for easy reference. Having the basic filters for oil, air, fuel on hand makes it easier to get to doing the routine tasks too. I like to have two of each, then replace the one I use with another spare, that way if there is ever fuel contamination from water or similar I'm ready.
I'd also add some diesel fuel injector cleaner to your fuel to help clean out any gunk in your injection pump and injectors since it has been so long since your last fuel filter change.

And since your not so local K dealer seems to have overlooked the fuel filter too, and has charged you big $$ in the past, I'd be inclined to mention that they missed the routine maintenance basics when you tractor was in the shop....

Last edited: