Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)

Default Re: Trouble with Compressor blowing Breaker

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hi

I suspect the starting current is what is causing your problem.

I ran a dedicated outlet for my 120V compressor from a 30A breaker and #10 wire. This eliminated the starting current nuisance tripping of the breaker.

If you can change the motor to 220V, this would be an even better option, if you have enough space in your panel for a 2 pole breaker.

John )</font>

What kind of receptacle did you hook up to this 10 gauge wire on a 30 amp circuit? I am not aware of any 30 amp 110 volt receptacles. I am pretty sure that you don't want to hook up a 15 or 20 amp receptacle to that circuit. If you hard wired the compressor up to this circuit that is one thing, but you stated that you ran a dedicated outlet so I am just wondering how you did it. I'll look in my Grainger catalog tonight and see if I can find any 110 volt 30 amp receptacles. Maybe I will learn something.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am not aware of any 30 amp 110 volt receptacles. )</font>

Well I can't say that any more. Graingers has a Nema 5-30 receptacle on page 324 for $22.64

I have attached a Adobe Acrobat file showing the receptacle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tractor
    Kubota BX1500

Would this fill the bill?

Product Category: Electrical &gt; Plugs and Receptacles &gt; Locking Receptacles

Description
    Isolated Ground Twist Lock Receptacle, NEMA Configuration L5-30R, Current Rating 30 Amps, Voltage Rating 125 Volts, Power Rating 2 HP, Plug/Connector Single, Number of Poles 2, Number of Wires 3, Color Orange

Grainger Item: 5Z903
    Price (ea) : $37.60
    Manufacturer: HUBBELL
    Mfg. Model#: IG2610
    Ship Qty : 1
    Sell Qty (Will-Call) : 1
    Usually Ships : Today
    Catalog 394 Page: 323
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nearly all RV parks have 30 amp and/or 50 amp 120v service. Camping World is just one of many places you can see what that kind of 30 amp receptacle looks like.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

We also have used 30 amp 120v receps. for special hookups during special events at the entertainment complex I work for.

The electricians come out and drop the lines and wire everything up in the morning, etc.. we do the show, and then they remove them before the next day... etc..

Soundguy

Tractor
    John Deere 770

Maybe I missed it with all of the posts, but there was a problem with the compressor so what happened did you get it fixed and if so how did you do it?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567