Ford 3910....no fuel at injectors. Please help!

/ Ford 3910....no fuel at injectors. Please help! #1  

Fireman 9731

Tractor
Ford 3910
Hi folks, I joined this forum just for this problem. I have a ford 3910 with about 1,100 hours. Tractor is in pretty good shape for an '89 model. A couple of weeks ago, it wouldn't start. It has always fired right up. I bled fuel lines at filter and pump, worked the shutoff a few times, cranked a lot and it magically started right up and ran great. Fast forward a few weeks to this past weekend, it won't start. Not getting any fuel. I have bled everything multiple times, at filter and at pump but I'm getting no fuel at the injectors or at injector lines coming off pump. Lots of fuel comes out of pump bleed screw when I crank it and fuel is coming back to the tank on the return line when I crank it. I thought fuel metering valve may be stuck in the off position so I took top cover off injector pump, made sure everything was free and moving right. Put everything back together, bled everything, and still no fuel at injectors. If I take lines loose at the pump, there is no fuel their either. I have done everything I know to do multiple times. Still no luck. Please help!

/ Ford 3910....no fuel at injectors. Please help! #2  
First off what typ of injection pump is it and has it ever been run empty?

/ Ford 3910....no fuel at injectors. Please help!
Its says Cav/Lucas on the case and Delphi on the tag. I am not the original owner but it has never been run dry while I have had it. It ran perfect up until a few weeks ago.

Everything points to the pump being bad, I know. But would a bad pump still send fuel recirculating back to the tank? And would an injector pump just go out all of sudden with no symptoms before?

/ Ford 3910....no fuel at injectors. Please help! #6  
I am dealing with the same issues with the same kind of pump...ran fine at the end of the year and not working in the spring....they can just stop working and dont know why
Mine primes fine but wont bleed to the injectors

Do you have fuel circulating back to the tank when you crank it?

/ Ford 3910....no fuel at injectors. Please help! #8  
I have fuel everywhere but the injectors....was a bit hard to prime the system but it still ran...then nothing at all I am thinking about just getting the overhaul kit

/ Ford 3910....no fuel at injectors. Please help! #9  
overhaul engine or fuel pump?

/ Ford 3910....no fuel at injectors. Please help! #10  
just the pump not even going to try and tackle the ngine I have way too much on my plate