Bass ackwards snowblower

/ Bass ackwards snowblower #11  
Farmyid
If someone had the gear box on your snowblower apart, they put it back together wrong. There should be two bevel gears in the gearbox to put power to the flutes that move snow to the blower. Open the gearbox and check the gears. One of the bevel gears has to be moved to the other side of the other bevel gear "on the same shaft" to change the direction of the flutes.
Bud

/ Bass ackwards snowblower #12  
Farmyid
Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I tried to reply to you when this thread started but could not open reply. Today I found I had a problem with cookies. Got it straightened out, and sent a reply. A little late. Sorry
Bud

/ Bass ackwards snowblower
Just to tie up the loose end of the thread (so to speak) The gear box was siezed onto the impeller shaft so tight That the gear box repair route was ruled out.My buddies at the repair shop ended up cutting the sprocket off the auger shaft and rewelding it on the other end, thus flipping the whole auger over. They charged me $124 (2.6 hours although I know for shure they spent a lot of time trying to get the gearbox seperated from the impeller) The guy that sold me the blower just paid the whole bill, which I consider very honest of him. Mark

/ Bass ackwards snowblower #14  
Where is this "repair shop"..... at those prices, I have a whole lot of work that they can do for me..... It would be worth the drive.... glad that it worked out for you and that you can now blow snow into the next county....... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Bass ackwards snowblower #15  
that's about 45$ and hour, that's what we chage at our machine shop, but ours is in canadian funds...

/ Bass ackwards snowblower #16  
So whats that work out to in US funds,...... About $6.75! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Bass ackwards snowblower
The repair shop is called C and A repair and I knew I was in the right place when I saw their inventory of drive line parts annd other common tractor bits arranged in isles in the customer accseible part of the store. They are in Whately, MA right along the Connecticut river. They are a Cub Cadet dealer as well. I am really happy with the work they have done. BTW tge next county DOES have a border with my land so if I cut a new road back to that part of the property I could actually try that :)