mitsubishi r2400 parts

/ mitsubishi r2400 parts #1  

robtim5

Tractor
mitsubishi r2400
Hello. I purchased a Mitsubishi 2400 tractor which has a 2cyl diesel engine which had starting issues. previous owner had removed the head to see what was going on (knowing nothing about mechanics). I have discovered valve seats are cactus and have sent it off to get reground. I need a new head gasket but have searched web and cannot find anything in relation to this model. While the head was at engine rebuilders shop another customer looked at it (who used to be a diesel mechanic) and said it was a caterpillar built engine for Mitsubishi. can anyone shed some light on parts and history. regards tim

/ mitsubishi r2400 parts #2  
The R model Mitsubishi's are Mitsubishi made and designed. Late '60- early '70's were the years the R's were made. Mitsubishi made equipment for Caterpillar for several years. Parts are not as common for your machine as the newer models but there are a number of online parts dealers that can help get what you might need.

/ mitsubishi r2400 parts
The R model Mitsubishi's are Mitsubishi made and designed. Late '60- early '70's were the years the R's were made. Mitsubishi made equipment for Caterpillar for several years. Parts are not as common for your machine as the newer models but there are a number of online parts dealers that can help get what you might need.

thanks for the reply Darryl appreciated that bit of light shedding info immensely. any clues or names of sites to check out. after head gasket only. cheers tim

/ mitsubishi r2400 parts #5  
Just wanted to mention.....if a part isn't shown on one of the websites, it doesn't mean they can't get or don't have it. Might have to call, especially considering the R models are getting pretty rare.

Last edited:
   / mitsubishi r2400 parts
Just wanted to mention.....if a part isn't shown on one of the websites, it doesn't mean they can't get or don't have it. Might have to call, especially considering the R models are getting pretty rare.

Darryl. your a champ. thanks a lot. already got onto one at southern global. now I can get the old girl going. cheers, Tim