Clutch Issues?

/ Clutch Issues? #1  

tractorwookie

Tractor
Branson 6530c, Branson 4220
Earlier today while operating my tractor I was collecting gravel with my loader, and everything was working fine, then I got out for litterally 2 minutes, when I got back and went to collect more gravel, I noticed that while in gear the tractor would start moving even while the clutch pedal was pressed down. The same goes for when I would try to stop, I would press the clutch pedal down, but it would just keep on going as if I never pressed it down

/ Clutch Issues? #2  
could be seizing pilot bearing. and or sticky clutch plates.

/ Clutch Issues? #3  
Sounds like it needs adjustment, it is not fully disengaging when pedal is pushed in.

/ Clutch Issues?
Ok so I adjusted the cable because I had thought the same thing, that it wasnt disengaging when the pedal was pushed in. Everything was working fine again but I still wanted to test it to make sure, so I went and picked up a few more gravel loads. It was working fine until I went to push a bit of dirt then reverse out, I pressed the clutch pedal and I heard the same ping sound I heard before, and all the resistance of the clutch pedal was gone. Could this be an issue with the linkage, or the clutch itself?

/ Clutch Issues? #5  
Is the cable holding or maybe slipping? Sounds like something in the linkage or cable is messed up, especially if it works when first adjusted. Maybe clutch fork issues?....

/ Clutch Issues?
when I press the clutch pedal down, the cable moves a decent amount. If I go under the tractor and look at linkage and have someone else press the clutch pedal, the cable hardly moves on this end. When I disconnet the linkage the the pedal I can pull the cable up approx 5" and it does not activate that much on the transmission side, I hope that information helps.

/ Clutch Issues? #7  
If you can move the cable by hand easily, it standstill reason there's resistance between the cable lever at the bell housing end and the movement of the pressure plate fingers.
As stated earlier, binding in the fork or TO bearing where it slides on the trans nose, disc wont slide on splines, damaged PP fingers, bent or broken linkage inside bell housing. There's really not that many parts to make this symptom.
How many hours, and are you orig owner? Any way to get a look in there without a split?

/ Clutch Issues?
The tractor has 1000+ hours on it, and I am not the original owner. when I first adjusted the linkage cable, I could not pull up on it, only after the second ping sound, could I pull the linkage up that 5" I mentioned earlier.

/ Clutch Issues? #9  
Are you certain the cable is not slowly failing and the "ping" you hear is another strand letting go.
Can you block the linkage at the clutch end and have someone push on the pedal to see if the cable is solid.
Otherwise, the repair sounds big!
Dave M7040