Case 1450 charging pump, suction filter, torq converter?

/ Case 1450 charging pump, suction filter, torq converter? #1  

KevinTC55DA

Hey Everyone!

I bought this 1983 1450 loader about 6 mos ago. The seller told me that after it warms up a while it takes a second or two to go into gear. I got a great deal, so I bought it. it's worth just as much scrap!
So basically what happens is after about an hour or so I will have to start tapping the gas to get it into gear. You can hear it squeal a little when going into gear. All of the temperature gauges are operating and normal. The converter temp is not even a quarter of the way in the green.
Someone suggested that it could be something as simple as a clogged screen? Would this be the suction filter or charging pump? Do I need to drop the belly pan to get to this? I checked the fluid levels both in the hydraulic tank (operator cab) and in the big breather dipstick on the passenger side under the floorboard access door. Both have fresh fluids and are both at the full line.

I love this old power shift and want to get it to the way it should be running. It's a beast of a machine and don't want to run it when I could fix a small problem that could inadvertently lead to a bigger problem.

I would love to hear thoughts/suggestions as I am not heavy equipment savvy yet and would love to learn from some of the professionals on here! Thanks everyone