help to convert brush hog from shear pin to slip clutch

/ help to convert brush hog from shear pin to slip clutch #1  

rkallaman

Tractor
JD 1025R
I want to convert a 4' brush hog (Brush Hog brand) from a shear pin PTO over to a slip clutch. What do I need to know to be sure what I buy will fit when I get it home. Don't want to buy a wrong non returnable slip clutch. Any suggestions as were to buy a slip clutch?

/ help to convert brush hog from shear pin to slip clutch #2  
Generally you need to know whether the gearbox input shaft is splined, or smooth, and the diameter of the input.

I had to buy some PTO shaft tubing recently, and Agrisupply.com seemed to have the mist comprehensive list of parts. You can also check with Tractor Supply....they have a fair selection as well.

/ help to convert brush hog from shear pin to slip clutch
Generally you need to know whether the gearbox input shaft is splined, or smooth, and the diameter of the input.

I had to buy some PTO shaft tubing recently, and Agrisupply.com seemed to have the mist comprehensive list of parts. You can also check with Tractor Supply....they have a fair selection as well.

On a spline shaft do you measure the dia. outside to outside of splines or solid part of shaft. Does the width & depth of a spline need to be measured or just the number of them?