HELP !!! There is fuel in my crankcase???

/ HELP !!! There is fuel in my crankcase??? #1  

docone

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100HST, B6200D
I have a 2012 MX5100HST that is showing fuel in the crankcase. I noticed the issue after the second oil change at 250 hours. prior to that, the crankcase over pressured and spit out the dipstick. I assumed that the cranckcase vent froze off as I was moving snow at the time. The tractor still runs well, no excessive smoke or power loss, so that leads me to look toward the lift pump, or injector pump. Am I correct in this line of thinking??
I now have 290 hours on the clock, unfortunately, time has run out on my 2 yr warranty period (2yrs/ 2000hrs, whichever occurs first). Further to that, I do occasionally notice more smoke than usual on cold startup, but this clears in a few seconds. (cylinder loading from a leaky injector perhaps?)

If anyone has any ideas, I welcome your feedback.

/ HELP !!! There is fuel in my crankcase??? #2  
Dripping and leaking injector(s) after shutdown is a real cause.

/ HELP !!! There is fuel in my crankcase???
Thanks, retired car guy!
I am also a CAR GUY(68 Charger, 69 Mustang Coupe, 52 Chev Sedan Deluxe, 47 GMC Panel). Never too many car toys! Happy Motoring :)

/ HELP !!! There is fuel in my crankcase??? #4  
Hi Docone,

Thanks! Nice to hear! All are great vehicles, but first fix, or get those injectors fixed to keep diesel fuel out of your tractor crankcase. As it is not good as an engine oil lubricant substitute. It has also been, in the past the number one cause for diesel runaway.

Then go for a spin in your Charger!

/ HELP !!! There is fuel in my crankcase??? #5  
Are you sure it's diesel and not hyd oil? If it's diesel in CC I'd suspect inj pump or lift pump causing problem more than injectors.

/ HELP !!! There is fuel in my crankcase??? #6  
G'day I'm guessing rhat your warranty is not long out it may be worth a call to the dealer to see if they might do something ( Push the very low hrs on the machine to them)

Jon

/ HELP !!! There is fuel in my crankcase??? #7  
Having the crankcase oil lab tested for all contaminates, may be worthwhile.